Priceline Hotel: First Time Priceline Bidder- Strategy Advice

Suz131
By Suz131,
in

Hey everyone, new poster here. I am planning a trip to London in October and am considering booking my hotel room on Priceline. I've looked at several hotels now through other venues only to be told that there would be no smoking rooms available after July 1st. According to the way the law is written, the hotel bedrooms are exempt from the new law. Will I be able to find a smoking room, and does anyone have a list on which hotel chains will go totally nonsmoking and which will still have smoking rooms?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's not clear (to me at least) whether you are seeking a smoking or a non-smoking room, but if this is an absolute requirement for your stay than i would recommend not using any of the opaque providers, as this is not something that can be determined or guaranteed before your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am looking for a smoking room and would prefer such, but I won't put off my trip if I can't get one. I'm really just wondering if anyone knows which chains will still allow smokers, which won't etc. Marriot is non smoking I know, what about Thistles, Hiltons, others? Anyone know? Thanks.

Hey everyone, thanks for the answers to my smoking questions. I have been learning alot from all your posts and am very grateful. Now I'm almost ready to start looking for a priceline deal for my upcoming trip in October. My travel agaent has booked me a cancellable over near the Lancaster Gate, but what I'd really like is to bid and win either the Thistle Charing Cross or the Marble Arch. I am a solo traveller on the loose in London for 7 nights. The MAX I will pay is 120USD including taxes. (cost of my reserved room) My question is, where do I start?

Thanks

Suzie

I'm so new at this that I'm sure my ignorance will show through. I guess I would go for Mayfair/Soho as a matter of choice, but the hundred bucks is my absolute max, all I can afford no matter what zone. I am thinking of bidding on a 4*, that's what I want. (For a 2* price of course :) ) Zone I think.

There are no re-bid zones when biddnig the 4* level in London.... so if you want to bid your maximum at each zone before moving onto the next zone there is not gong to be any systematic way to go about it.

Are you "ok" with the top two zones, the top three zones, all of them except the last zone. If you could adjust the zone(s) you're willing to accept i think you have a better chance at getting a hotel within your budget. From the list of zones you provided it appears that you are/were flexible in the zone you end up with, but your latest post suggests you would only really like to stay in the Mayfair/Soho zone?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is how i would bid given your flexibility in zones.

Select 4* Mayfair...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Bloomsbury...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Westminster...

Select 4* City...

Select 4* Regents Park...

Select 4* Mayfair and Bloomsbury...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Westminster and City...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Mayfair and Regents Park...

Select 4* Mayfair and Westminster...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Bloomsbury and City...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Regents Park...

Select 4* Mayfair and City...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Westminster...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* City and Regents Park...

Select 4* Mayfair and Bloomsbury and Westminster...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Mayfair and Bloomsbury and City...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Mayfair and Bloomsbury and Regents Park...

Select 4* Mayfair and Westminster and City...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Mayfair and Westminster and Regents Park...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Bloomsbury and City and Regents Park...

Select 4* Mayfair and Bloomsbury and Westminster and City...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Mayfair and Bloomsbury and Westminster and Regents Park...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Mayfair and Bloomsbury and Westminster and City and Regents Park...

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]