Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Museum Campus-McCormick Place-Soldier Field) Hilton Towers

joby
By joby,
in

Hi,

-- we (1 adult, 2 teens) are planning a short 2 night stay in Chicago in July.

--Our dates are flexible at this point, even whether it's weekdays versus weekends are flexible.

--Our price range would be in the range of $120 and down per night.

We need to stay in a safe area that's fairly convenient and centrally located. We plan to travel all over Chicago shopping, probably not on Michigan Ave though. We plan to get Visitor's passes for the bus/train transportation.

What areas do you recommend that we bid for and what prices?

I'm rather new to bidding having only done it once before :)

The first "issue" you need to address if you're comfortable using priceline for this stay... Priceline only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. HOTWIRE does allow you to search up to quad occupancy.

Not sure of where else you'll be shopping off of Michigan Ave, but the majority of chicago visitors bid the NMA (North Michigan Ave) and the Loop zones... but you'll need to check the boundaries of each to determine if these area(s) will work for your plans.

Let us know regarding the occupancy issue discussed above, your thoughts on the zone(s), as well as the minimum star rating you're willing to accept.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire looks to be the better choice for us, so let's go with that.

As to zones-- we actually are going to map out a couple of days worth of thrift store shopping. I'm sure the stores will be located all over the city.

Star ratings--it seems that 3* would probably be our lowest rating. We want a very clean, safe and possibly centralized location. Any amenities above that would be a bonus.

I did find a couple of rates on a site for the Marriott O'Hare and the Crowne Plaza O'Hare hotels for $89/night weekends only.

I know that O'Hare is fairly far from the city, but wondered if either would be a good deal for us as we plan to spend the whole day and early evening in the city shopping and eating?

Thanks for your help.

Downtown Chicago Hotwire doesn't have anything in our price range.

This is what I found on Hotwire for 7/13-7/15 what might it be?:

4-star hotel in O'Hare Intl Airport ORD North $79/night

Customer Favorite!

This upscale establishment offers thoughtful features, quality rooms and a high level of service. See hotel details

* Airport Shuttle

* Fitness Center

* Pool(s)

* Restaurant(s)

* Business Center

* High-speed Internet Access

* Golf Nearby

Area details: The area surrounding O'Hare Airport offers easy flight access, affordable rooms, plus museums, shopping, and sports. See area map

OR

I found this for 7/12-7/14 what might it be?:

4-star hotel in Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field $99/night

This upscale establishment offers thoughtful features, quality rooms and a high level of service. See hotel details

* Fitness Center

* Pool(s)

* Restaurant(s)

* Business Center

* High-speed Internet Access

Area details: A short "El" train ride from downtown, home to the convention center, museums, and stadiums. S

Which would be the better bet for what we want?

The museum campus location would be much better for what you want. Best case scenario, that's the Hilton Towers on South Michigan Ave. There's not a whole lot in the blocks right around that hotel aside from apartments and college buildings, but it's a short walk North to the Art Institute and a mild walk SE to the museum campus.

It's not near Michigan Ave. shopping (about a 30 minute walk North), but if you're not interested in Michigan Ave. shopping (and I don't blame you for not being interested), then that's not an issue.

Hi, is the museum campus location good for public tranportation? We need easy and reliable transportation stops near our lodging.

So far this seems to be available for the week of July 9-15 ( a possible time) on various days--

4* ORD south $69

4* ORD north $79

4* museum campus $99

OR available on internet

Marriott O'Hare $89

Crowne Plaza O'Hare $89

Your suggestions and why?

Many thanks for the help :)

So it appears that the $99/night museum campus would be our best bet?? Hopefully either the Hyatt or the Hilton have good access to busses and the "L"??

We will be out in the city all day and probably into the early evening, I'm assuming that since nothing was mentioned that it would be a safe area for us to ride public transportation?

I appreciate your suggestions and help!

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]