Priceline Hotel: 3* Las Vegas (West of Strip) Gold Coast

vitasoy1437
By vitasoy1437,
in

Hi, i m looking for the best deal on a 4* hotel on the strip... this is my first time here... i hv used PL once be4.... it was ok... but i guess it would be better w/ advice from more experienced users like u guys...

this is kind of last minute and that day probably will be pretty packed... but i m hoping to find a good deal on a good place to stay on the strip... i've checked the rates on places like Travelocity,Expedia,and PL... the $ range from 170-300 for a 3* - 4* hotel... is it possible to bid a 4* on the strip for 130??? please advise.....!!!

vitasoy1437 - Welcome to betterbidding!

Take it easy here! Rates are not that high yet for you date. We are talking one night (7/4)? No need for a 3* if your budget is $130.

I looked at HOTWIRE for your stay and found a 4* at $109 at Central Strip. There is a clean match for Caesars Palace. But Alladin and Paris has also been reported with theese/simular amenities. There is several options at HOTWIRE so take a look there. If you decide to go with HW so please use the boards HOTWIRE link.

But I saw a 5* at $223, likley the Venetian. So I checked the rates and best rate is $199 at hotels site. If you want to gamble for any 5*, try Priceline for $125-$141 at 5*. Or your max is $130? If it is, try up untill your max.

also, please read this about Re-bidding: http://www.betterbidding.com/show.php/showtopic/16 And have a look at top of the hotel list for Nevada.

Just ask if you need any further help.

Good luck!

Henrik.

thanks for the adivece! I saw posts that says hotwire's stars rating r overrated so i m afraid it maybe sth different...

PL seems to hv a better chance of getting sth better..

caesars, PH and paris r fine and even better if i can bid for venetian..

so for the 5* , i would start bidding from 125?

what abt the 4* ones?

the best one i found was $171 for LV hilton from AAA...

i guess that would be my max bid for a 4*... it doesnt necessarily has to be on the main strip... since the hilton is near the end by the stratosphere... but it would be great if i can have one on the main strip :)

please advise the steps thank yoU!

vitasoy1437 ,

I'm sorry! I red your topic like your date was 7/4. I live overseas, and we write the dates backwards comparing to USA. I must had a balckout :)

Good luck,

Henrik

no problem... sometimes i have a hard time figuring out the dates too due to different formats for different countries... ahah... but thanks anyways..

it doesnt necessarily has to be on the main strip... since the hilton is near the end by the stratosphere
It's not only off the trip but also somewhat West of the strip, so if you're using this as your maximum bid it's fine, but really not an apples-to-apples comparison. If you'd be happy with the Hilton that's fine and we'll suggest a strategy with a $170 maximum bid, but just making sure you understand that the Hilton really doesn't fit the criteria you laid out in your first post.

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly. If you could get something center-strip for $200 would it be worthwhile? I'm assuming that you're also OK with the Westin (which is also located slightly off-strip, although much more centrally located than the Hilton)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think 170 is my max bid... coz i m sharing w/ a few other ppl, and their budget is pretty tight

the westin is fine for me.... at least its a name that i know so it shouldnt be that bad...

the hilton location is not bad actually... at least its kinda far away from all those traffic jam in the center strip... so i can use a different route than just the LV blvd...

how should i do it? start with the strip vicinity w/ 4* and add fermont area if faiL?

please advise

thanks!

One more point (based upon your most recent post) before moving forward....

Priceline only guarantees double occupancy. You could get a room with only one bed and/or the hotel could charge extra for any occupants more than two (and in Vegas this charge is getting outrageous... $15-$30/per person per nite).

Is this something you're willing to accept?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]