Priceline Hotel: HongKong: 4 persons in a room

rv2843
By rv2843,
in

rv2843,

Priceline only guarantee a room for two adults. So it's your call...

I think there is a big difference between North America and Asia. I can only speak for Japan but I found it much moore difficult to "deal". And reading old posts about asking for upgrades etc, it seems like some hotels are "set in stone" when it comes to PL rooms. Just like some USA hotels.

I'm pretty sure you can get a hotel with a king and they will demand that you pay extra for a room that takes 4 people (if they have any). And if you question that will they only refer to PL rules. I also belive that the outcome is depending on what rating you bid at.

But how "likley" you will succeed is impossible to say.

Good luck and keep the board informed.

Henrik.

rv2843,

I have to say that I think you made the correct desicion.

In Japan hotels often got what they call "semi double rooms" It's a single room with 2 single beds. Maybe it's the same in Hong Kong. No hit if you're traveling with 2 kids.

I looked at HOTWIRE for you but they don't serve Hong Kong. But I don't think it would be a bigger problem finding a nice hotel for decent money in Hong Kong.

Please remember that the board got plenty of affiliate links found under support/travel links.

Just post if you need any further help.

Good luck!

Henrik.

• 1 month later...

Marco polo hotels,MP Hong Kong,MP Gateway,MP Prince,along Canton Rd next to the Tsimtsatsui star ferry and China-HongKong Ferry terminal ,all have North American sized queen sized bed x2 per room.

However,they are not available on PL.

Also if you book with travel agent and pay for a room for 2 pax,but tell the hotel check-in you have 4,you'll be charged extra for no additional benefits(bed and bedding are already there).It's your call.However,dont check in at odd hours because the other two pax has nowhere to hide.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]