Priceline Hotel: Vegas 7/20-7/22

dopplex
By dopplex,
in

So I currently have a hotel booked for the week of the 23d. I'd like to extend my stay a bit earlier, but need to book my airfare soonish.

Since I probably have to wait for nearly the last minute to get the best rates out of Priceline, I was wondering how cancellations tend to work for booking a backup hotel.

Do all hotels offer it? Is this basically just using that $5/night feature of Priceline.

As for the hotel I'd like for the weekend...

For the week I have the Westin booked. Whatever I end up booking for the weekend, I'd like to get one of the more 'interesting' hotels. The most I want to go per night is $150 - maybe a bit higher hoping to get the Venetian as it comes down to the wire. But I'm sure I will have to wait it down to the wire...

Can anyone suggest a good booking method/safety hotel to book that is easy to cancel if Priceline/Hotwire comes through with a great deal on a hotel I really want at the last minute? Is there any chance the Venetian is within reach once it's the week beforehand?

I need to get something booked so that I can book my flight confidently!

Since I probably have to wait for nearly the last minute to get the best rates out of Priceline...
I disagree... see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Most hotel-direct purchases in Vegas are fully cancellable, although there are some exceptions, particularly on packages which are sometimes (or not) cancellable.

I'd start with our Las Vegas Checker as well as EasyClickTravel.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had already tried 5* strip area at $150 with no luck, so I guess I'll find something to book as backup from either the checker or EasyClickTravel.

I'm thinking I'll try $150-$170 on rebids from now until just before the last point at which I can cancel, and just hope for the best. $170 being the highest I want to go right now.

EDIT: In the post you referred to, you say that one particular hotel in Vegas is an exception to the rule that the prices don't really tend to go down at the last minute. Care to share which hotel that is?

EDIT2: No luck up to $170 for the Venetian.

Thanks!

I was thinking that the low end would be roughly 50% of that $329 - or $165-$170ish - is that being far too optimistic?

I wish the Westin weren't a 4*... It pretty much makes it impossible to target a 4* via Priceline. If Venetian seems utterly improbably at the price point I'm willing to pay, I may need to switch over to the Hotwire forum... (Yes, I'll use the forum referral...)

Thanks!

I might have misunderstood the part of your post about the $5 priceline cancellation insurance..but, I'm pretty sure you can not use this unless you have written DOCUMENTATION from your physician you can't make the trip. It's use isn't for people who don't like the hotel they get and want to try again. Correct me if I'm wrong thereuare.

No correction needed. :)

I'm not sure of what documentation you need, but the cancellation insurance offered thru priceline is specific in what it covers (mostly medical, but might cover if your flight was cancelled and you couldn't get the to hotel, etc)... it definately does not cover "i changed my mind" or "i didn't like the hotel i was given".

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]