Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Elizabeth) Country Inn and Suites

cdloo
By cdloo,
in

Not sure why you didn't think the community would be interested in your win? :)

We really don't recommend this area as base for visting NYC... there are a variety of ways to get to NYC from this area depending upon convenience/cost;, but unfortunately none of them are very convenient. You're basically looking at a minimum of over an hour commute each way each day.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I believe the hotel has a free shuttler to EWR

Yes, along with free breakfast and free high speed internet :) Will you have a car?

I might call the hotel and ask if the shuttle can take you to Newark's Penn Station. From there you can take NJ Transit or PATH trains into the city. For a different way to get to Yankee stadium, you might want to consider taking the NY Waterway Yankee Clipper to the game.

Not sure why you didn't think the community would be interested in your win? :)

We really don't recommend this area as base for visting NYC... there are a variety of ways to get to NYC from this area depending upon convenience/cost;, but unfortunately none of them are very convenient. You're basically looking at a minimum of over an hour commute each way each day.

Yes you are correct, this is the area I stayed in when I visited NYC last summer (August 2006) so I have a lot of expertise/experience, and it is not the most convenient. Actually, I stayed in the Residence Inn right next to the Country Inn, took the hotel shuttle from the Courtyard right next door as well (it services both hotels), and I even went inside the Courtyard one day. It is a nice hotel, and I'm sure the Country Inn is too. There's also a Ruby Tuesday right next to the Country Inn, I ate there one night.

There are a variety of modes of travel one could take, however, and one method only takes about 30 minutes to get to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan. Just a short walk across the street basically is the Jersey Gardens Shopping Mall and from there you can take a bus, I forget the bus/route number, I think it costs about $4.50 each way. I will try to find that information and reply once again. The other methods take longer but are cheaper. I utilized basically all of the different methods while I was on vacation. You can take the shuttle from the hotel to Newark Airport, then take the #62 NJ Transit local city bus to Newark Penn Station, and then take the PATH subway from there to either Midtown or Downtown Manhattan. I think once I also took the NJ Transit train from Newark Penn Station.

Yes, along with free breakfast and free high speed internet :) Will you have a car?

I might call the hotel and ask if the shuttle can take you to Newark's Penn Station. From there you can take NJ Transit or PATH trains into the city. For a different way to get to Yankee stadium, you might want to consider taking the NY Waterway Yankee Clipper to the game.

You can ask, I didn't think of that, but I do not believe the shuttle will take you there. I took that shuttle service that my hotel offered (right next door) and I only remember it going in a "circle" stopping at either the Jersey Gardens Mall or the Newark Liberty International Airport. The shuttle comes back to the hotel every 10 minutes so I don't think they have time to go all the way to Newark Penn Station.
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]