Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian

jrcane1
By jrcane1,
in

I'm trying to find the best price (aren't we all :) ) for a 5* on the strip with a check in date of 4/6 (Tues) with a 4/9 checkout (Friday). New to this board and tried to read posts this morning to work on achieving the best deal. Checked Hotwire and a 5* on the strip was priced at $122. It was a customer favorite. Assuming it's the Venetian but can't go wrong with the limited options at that quality level.

Went to Priceline and then bid $85 (starting low). They came back offering the room at $110 a night. Didn't accept as I wanted to check on my strategy and your advice on my efforts so far.

We have a back-up at the MGM Grand for $103 a night so we are in good shape there I think. Its an upgraded Grand Tower room w/2 Queens.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks to bbbb and Spitfire20003 for the help!

I continued to rebid on PL yesterday following the strategy they explained. Started at $85 then followed with $90, 95 and then tried $99 as recommended above. I rec'd a room at the Venetian for $99! Great deal!!!!!

Can't thank you all enough for the guidance and support. I've used Hotwire frequently over the last two years and knowing that this site is available makes it even better. First time using PL yesterday. Was always hesistant until reading this forum.

Traveling to Phoenix before proceeding to Vegas (and the Venetian). Arriving at 7 PM so just wanted a room for the night that was decent before we head to Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. Checked HW and there was a 3.5* for $37 a night. Took the offer and its a Wyndam Hotel Phoenix Airport on 44th St. It was in the Airport Zone when conducting the search.

Where in the forum should I add this to help others?

You have been great help and I appreciate the patience with a newbie. I'll try and help with the Hotwire experiences I've had in the past if that is beneficial to anyone. I've used them for bookings in Chicago, Orlando, Miami Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami Airport area.

A good day to all...... :)

The wyndham is 5 mins from the airport if your flying in.It looks to be a nice hotel but dont leave any valuables in the car that can be seen,because it is a airport location and the thieves love the hotel parking lots out here in AZ.

JCrane,

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your great deal at the Venetian!

You can post your Phoenix win in the ARIZONA>>Hotwire section of the board (send me a PM if you have trouble finding it). Please also include the amenities that are listed before purchase as that is the most useful information to identify the hotel before purchase and differentiate it from other properties (but if you no longer have the amenities than we'll be happy with whatever information you do have available).

In fact, posting any/all of your past wins would be very much appreciated! You can see the hotel, star ratings, and amenities associated with most of your prior wins by clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of Hotwire's homepage.

Thanks! (and good luck in Vegas!)

bbbb, as always, thanks for helping out and lending a bit more of an extra hand while i was away for the weekend.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]