CA Sacramento Clarion Downtown

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

The Clarion's greatest asset is its location at 16th and H Streets, across the street from the old Governor's mansion and a short walk to the Capitol and some of Sacramento's most popular restaurants. The other 2.5* hotel that's been reported in Priceline's Downtown zone, the Hawthorne Suites, is on Richards Blvd, which isn't really Downtown.

The Clarion is two stories, and I'll guess 1960's construction. Rooms are arranged around two central courtyards, one of which has an outdoor pool. Interior corridors accessed off a central lobby. The hotel has a restaurant and bar, and over two days I never saw anyone eating or drinking at either. The whole place has a tired and faded feel. Not uncomfortable or dilapidated, but far from "nice and new".

I was on first floor. Floor boards overhead squeaked loudly. First night I heard nothing so the room over me must have been empty. Second night it sounded like they were clog dancing til 2am. The mattress in my room was too soft. No bathtub, just an enclosed shower. Bathroom sink leaked badly, necessitating towels on the floor.

Highspeed internet is free and the connection was good. Parking also free, a plus in this busy and hard to park part of town. All the hotel personnel I dealt with were personable and accomodating. It's just not a very modern or pampering hotel.

The hotel has a bizarre drink vending machine. The only beverages in it are bottled water and Red Bull type energy drinks. No sodas at all, any brand.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]