Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Back Bay-Copley Square) Hilton Back Bay

lhall
By lhall,
in

I've been bidding every day for a couple of weeks on a room for 7/21/07. I would like a 4 star either Waterfront, Copley Square or Downtown. I've used all my free rebids each time and have gone up to $130. Based on other bids won, this seems to be high enough to win something however still no luck. My guess is that it is because it is a Sat. only stay. Does anyone have advice on what I can do to stand a better chance - how high do I need to go? Rooms range from $209-$600 on hotel websites.

Yesterday there was a 3.5 * in Copley for $104 on Hotwire, I'm guessing the Hilton or Sheraton. After waiting too long, this morning it is gone - that will teach me. :)

I would be patient and book a cancellable back-up while continuing to bid.

The 3.5* hotel may appear again on HOTWIRE or other inventory may open up. Rates are a bit higher than usual for this nite, but i would 'chase' it this far ahead of your check-in date (and maybe get a more aggressive about a month out)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After bidding for a couple of weeks on Priceline with no luck in Boston (Waterfront, Downtown and Copley) up to $140, this came up on Hotwire. Feeling sure it was either the Sheraton or Hilton we decided to take this. It seems like a good buy. Evidently, trying to win a Saturday only stay is difficult in Boston and this seems like a good hotel for our pre-cruise stay. We booked through the HOTWIRE link on this board. Thanks to all of the advice and postings!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see the 3.5* appeared for you once again (i'm asusming this was the same property as you saw earlier). Can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]