CA Orange County Embassy Suites Airport Irvine

jrnyman04
By jrnyman04,
in

This is a 3* hotel in the Costa Mesa - Irvine zone and we got it on a $45 bid for a 2.5* Hotel for the Memorial Day weekend. What a great value and experience it was!

We checked in around 5pm and got a spacious non-smoking 2 room suite with a king bed on the 9th floor. The front desk person was extremely pleasant and made us really welcome. No mention of PL. At the end he told us his name and said if we needed anything, just to call him up.

The hotel's atrium is very attractive and the hotel has a very pleasant atmosphere. The room was very clean and very quiet. The bed was ok, not the best. There are 2 tvs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. The living room had a round dining table with 4 chairs, a sofa, chair and coffee table. Only negative is wireless internet is not free and costs $9.95/day. The pool was indoor and is rather small.

From the reviews else where I was under the impression that they charge for the parking (even the hotel website listed a $12 parking fee), but they did not mention and we did not see a parking fee. Even the entrance to the parking garage where you have to swipe your hotel room card to get in mentioned overnight hotel guests having to pay a parking fee, but we were not charged.

In the evening they have complimentary drinks (beer, wine, cocktails) and snacks (nachos/cheese, chips/salsa) from 5:30-7:30pm. In the morning they have complimentary breakfast up to 10:30am. This has a cooked order omelet, bacon, sausage, hash browns, waffles, french toast, pancakes, muffins, cereals, juices, milk, coffee etc...

We had a great time and will remember our stay and hope to get the hotel again some other time.

Cons: We requested a microwave and had to call twice to get it, the staff were pleasant to deal with when we called. As mentioned earlier, no free internet, it costs $9.95/day. After I came back home and checked my credit card account online, there was a charge on it from them. I called the hotel about it and they put me in touch w/ their accounting dept and was told that it was not a charge, but a hold they put on the card when we check in and should go away in a couple of days. I now see a credit for the same amount. So it looks like a charge and then a credit. Not sure whether others had the same problem or not....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]