Priceline Hotel: Help

tiffinutah
By tiffinutah,
in

I have spent a few nights researching and now I have a few questions. I need 2 rooms and want the Holiday Inn Select on Naamans Rd, Claymont, DE from July 16-22.

First, I notice in priceline if I start the search for Claymont, DE, it lists a variety of hotels including Wilmington/Newark area. When I click for the options to bid, it lists Claymont, DE with 2.5* or 2* selection but no map of the area. Now, when I begin the search for Wilmington, DE, it lists a variety of hotels but when I click for the options to bid, it lists different towns and maps but NOT Claymont...

I notice on betterbidding hotels are not listed for Claymont, DE but for Wilmington. So my questions:

Why am I able to bid on Claymont, DE if I FIRST search for that area but it's not offered under Wilmington search?

Should I bid under Claymont, 2.5*? I am searching hotwire price, priceline price and website to determine beginning bid.

Thanks,

Tiff

Priceline zone boundaries change all the time, and it appears (to me) that the Holiday Inn in Claymont is no longer in the (Wilmington - Brandywine) zone. It would stand to reason that it is now in the Claymont area as priceline's stance in the past has been "if no map is shown than the hotel would be in the city limits".

A reminder that you're not bidding on a particular hotel... so you should be fine with any 2.5* hotel within the city limits fo Claymont.

Are you sure this is the 3* hotel begin shown on HOTWIRE?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Holiday Inn is listed as 3* on betterbidding for hotwire. Hotwire offers a 3* in Claymont for $129.00, so I am assuming it would be the same. However, Priceline doesn't offer a 3* to bid in Claymont.

So, is it common that I can bid in Claymont on Priceline but the city isn't offered when bidding in Wilmington area???

I plan to use priceline through savinsbarn.com and will bid tomorrow morning. Is $65.00 a good starting bid???

Thanks,

Tiff

Do the amenities for the 3* HOTWIRE hotel match what is listed in the Hotwire Hotel List for the Holiday Inn?

You can bid for a hotel in Claymont... it is just no longer part of the Wilmington region (it is now a region itself) (in other words, the Wilminton region used to include the Claymont area, but no longer does, they have made the Wilmington zone smaller and made Claymont its own area)

Does that make sense?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

the HOTWIRE rate seems a bit high, this hotel can be booked directly for as little as $128 per night. Not sure why you need this exact hotel, but if you are not successfull bidding in Claymont, there are more hotels in the adjacent Wilmington-Brandywine area, and at the 3* level, there are 3 rebid zones.

Good Luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]