Hotwire Hotel: Myrtle Beach 3.5 Star Help!!

LglBlonde
By LglBlonde,
in

Okay, I've been checking these dates for a few weeks.

Under Vacation Package, a search for these dates USED to turn up

3.5 star; Beach Access, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, KITCHNEN, Business, Golf, Tennis - saying it was Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation.

SInce yesterday, this same VP search has turned up the same amenities, but calling it Kingston Plantation Condominiums. Kingston Plantation is a HUGE "resort" area, with several types of accomodations. So, I figured, I'll call and ask what you get with Hotwire. So, i spoke with the Revenue Manager, who said if you get KPC, it's a 2 bedroom condo unit. Great! Perfect for my needs.

As of yesterday, a regular hotel search for these dates turned up the exact same star level and amenities for $122/nt. Wonderful price.

TODAY - I do the same search and the amenities have changed to: 3.5 star, Beach Access, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Laundry. I.E., no KITCHEN icon, which is what I really need! It is also $121/night now. I'm concerned b/c I don't know WHAT i'd be getting now. Is it possible they have changed the icons, but I'd still be getting the same room?

In other words, if I were to have won a room while it said Kitchen, is it true they would have had to have given me a unit WITH a kitchen? My concern is this place does have one type of room they call a one bedroom that does not have a kitchen.

If I can get this to come up with the Kitchen icon under the regular hotel again, I'm thinking I'll hop on it.

Also, has anyone ever bought the Hotel/Car package without needing the car? This place is $167/nt with the car option, which is still a good $100 off the regular room rates, and that way I'm pretty sure I'm guaranteed the Kitchen since that icon is coming up under VP.

TIA Jenni

It seems that the Embassy Suites is actually on the grounds of the Kingston Planation (or am i interpretting this incorrectly?)

I would think that if you booked via the hotel product where there is no kitchenette amenity then you could be given a room without one. Given that the non-opaque offering does show a kitchenette then they would have to give you one given that's what you're 'guaranteed' (if for some reason you weren't given one you'd have a pretty good argument for compensation from Hotwire).

It's possible that you'd get a kitchenette thru either booking and that they just aren't disclosing all the amenities, but we have no way of knowing for certain if the Vacation Product offerings are booked as a different room class than the opaque Hotel offerings.

How friendly was the revenue manager? :) (was he quite helpful and talkative? maybe he could clue you into the differences... or maybe he was disturbed by the phone call and is the reason for the change?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, ES is a part of KPC.

The Revenue Manager was a she, and actually, somewhat helpful. I *still* get the feeling it was changed based on my phone call. I'd been checking every day for a good three weeks before hand and a day after the phone call it changed....

Also, my issue with them was could I have 6 girls staying in one unit if it was fully prepaid w/o them demanding add'l charges from me at check-in. I got two different answers, but the final one from the Rev. Mgr was no, they would not charge extra at check-in IF I won the 2 BR variety, but YES if I won the ES variety.

Incidentally, since we have 8-10 girls going, I decided this was too risky. I kept researching and found a 2 BR/2 BA condo in a BRAND new building opening 4-15-04 for $231/nt. It sleeps 10 also, so we only need one unit as opposed to two, so I couldn't pass it up! Also no three or seven night minimum!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]