Priceline Hotel: Seaworld/Universal 4 star hotels

Kathy813
By Kathy813,
in

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Orlando in July (7/5 - 7/8) and want to stay at the Peabody Hotel. I noticed that Hotwire lets you select just the Seaworld area that restricts the 4 star hotels to just the Peabody (at least according to the Hotwire forum list).

Priceline has a broader area which includes SeaWorld and Universal. According to the Priceline forum list, that also includes the Renaissance as a 4 star in that area. I'm trying to stay away from the Renaissance because of the construction. Plus, I've always wanted to stay at the Peabody. I did notice that someone else got the Peabody through Priceline for $91 for the same week that I want to go there. Hotwire has it (at least I think it is the Peabody) for $112.

So would I be safer with going with Hotwire with the more restricted area to increase my chances of getting the Peabody? Is anyone familiar enough with this area to know if the Renaissance comes up frequently? I know that I see a lot of posts of winning bids for the Peabody.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help you can give me.

~Kathy

Hi thereuare,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Yes, when I did a Hotwire search there was only one 4 star hotel and the amenities matched the Peabody perfectly: Fitness center/pool/restaurant/business center/high speed Internet/tennis nearby.

So what do you think? Should I chance Priceline instead? Now Hotwire is showing a price of $109.

~Kathy

Kathy813,

the Renaissance has never been reported as a HOTWIRE hotel. Renaissance has only been seen at Priceline. But the strange thing is, since the downgrade from resort to 4* has the Renaissance not been reported latley at Priceline. But the Peabody has been reported as a 4* for good money. The odds are with you if you're willing to gamble.

I looked at the HOTWIRE vacation part and the Peabody is there for your dates. So that is a good thing like blindman allready said.

If you decide to go for it so please use this HOTWIRE link. And don't miss the ducks :)

Good luck!

Henrik.

If you would be disappointed not receiving the Peabody then i would take the HOTWIRE offer (still no guarantees thru hotwire, but at least you're making an educated guess). If you try to save $20/nite by bidding on priceline and receive something else, would it be worth it?

It comes down to whether price or have a good guess as to the property is most imporant to you... only you can decide what is most important to you for this stay.

If you do go with the above please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make. If you choose to try priceline and would like us to suggest a strategy to follow then let us know.

Good Luck... let us know how it goes and/or what you decide to do.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks all for the replies. I think that I am going to gamble on Priceline but have to wait until tomorrow when DH makes sure that those dates work for his vacation time.

I do have a couple of questions. Where did the savingsbarn.com link go for Priceline? Do you still want us to book through this site?

Also, most people seem to have won bids for the Peabody at $75 a nite. One recent poster, though, who started that low was finally able to get the Peabody at $92 for the same week that I want. Should I start at $75 or figure that since it's the same week, I'll have to pay more and start at a higher amount?

Thanks,

Kathy

Wow! Looks like I missed the boat. I just checked Hotwire again for the same week 7/5 - 7/8 and the price has jumped from $109 to $164 for the Peabody (only 4 star listed in the Seaworld area).

I guess they must have snagged a convention. Now we may have to back things up to the end of July.

Here's another question ~ if Hotwire has raised the price that much what are the chances of still getting a price under $100 on Priceline for the 5th through the 8th.

~Kathy

That's what I was afraid of, thereuare. The other ironic thing is right after someone said they hadn't seen the Renaissance pop up in a while on Priceline, wolly1000 just won a bid to the Renaissance.

I've got some thinking to do.

BTW, does Priceline add a set fee to the winning bid? Is it higher than Hotwire?

~Kathy

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]