Priceline Hotel: 3 or 4* hotel in san fran? is it possible?? oh lord!

louridojul
By louridojul,
in

i've been trying to book a hotel in san francisco for the dates of july 25 - august 1 using priceline. As I saw in other posts here, it is possible to book 3 or 4* hotels for less than $80. My bid started at $65 and the latest bid was $77 and were rejected. Can I get a hotel room for less than $80???? Im desperate because Im starting to think that all priceline rooms are booked. My top bid would be $80 and will prefer USE or Fisherman's Wharf. I heard that USW is dangerous at night and is not a nice place to stay. Any recommendation??? Im starting to freak!!! Im fine with a 3* or 4* in these areas as long as I get nice fares.

HELP! :)

louridojul - Welcome to BetterBidding!

First of all. You can't compare rates in the past with your upcoming stay. There is a big difference on low seasson/high season, weekday and weekend, nights of stay etc.

I Checked HOTWIRE to you. And there is a 3* in USE for $86 with excellent reviews. I belive this is the Crowne Plaza Union Square. If you decide to go for this hotel so please use this HOTWIRE link

I you're going to stick with priceline so focus on the 3* since your budget is $80. Rates are high for 4* in your preferd zones USE and Fisherman's Wharf.

also read this Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and learn about re-bid zones or ask for help with a bidding strategy.

Good luck!

Henrik.

thank you very much. Im still using priceline for my reservations because I have found that hotwire has higher fares. last january I booked a 3* hotel in Washington DC, near the Capitol for $70 / night (Washington Court Hotel). I know, it was low season, but Im still hoping that I can find good deals since there is a post in this forum that says that for june/july a 4* hotel can be found for $75 in USE.

thanks for everything. this forum has been very helpful to me.

Im starting to freak!!!

This is really too early to get anxious about July dates. Sometimes Priceline requires a little patience.

Getting a seven day bid accepted can be difficult. Is staying in one hotel all seven days important to you? It will be easier to get accepted if you're willing to split your bid between two hotels. Maybe stay a few days in Fishermans Wharf and a few in USE for some variety?

Other good possibilities for $80 or less are 2.5* in Fisherman's Wharf or Boutique in USE.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]