Priceline Hotel: Las Vegas strip 5/31 - 6/04

Telly33
By Telly33,
in

Hello, I'm looking for a room in Vegas checking in 5/31 and checking out 6/04. I want to be on the strip. What is the cheapest I could expect to get a 5 star? Am I correct in understanding that in order to make multiple bids on 5 stars I need to just increase my bid and add another zone in addition to the strip on each successive bid? What's a good number to start at? I don't want to pay more than $200/night, but preferably cheaper obviously if that's possible. If it's going to be more than that I'll probably just stay at the Tropicana for $116/night published on Travelocity.

Is the Westin still an issue for the four stars on Priceline? How about Hotwire?

Thanks in advance,

Telly

What is the cheapest I could expect to get a 5 star?

The Venetian (the only reported 5* win ) seems now to have a minimum winning bid of $119. This usually occurs when their web-site rate is around $150-190.

Am I correct in understanding that in order to make multiple bids on 5 stars I need to just increase my bid and add another zone in addition to the strip on each successive bid?

Presently (it could change-You do need to check though before you bid) the only area to have a 5* option is the Strip.

So you are correct in that if your first bid fails your next bid is to add another zone whose maximum star rating is 4*.

There are loads of free rebids for 5*

What's a good number to start at?
$119.00

Check the Venetian rate for your stay. I doubt if you will get a low rate over the weekend, you may have to split yor bid (SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID)

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]