CA San Francisco Airport Hyatt Regency

DeltaPurser
By DeltaPurser,
in

One word... SWEET!

Have no idea why this hotel is rated 3***... Should be 4****. Beautiful building, nice location right across the street from the bay, with walking/jogging paths all along the bay. Gorgeous atrium!

There's a free shuttle from the airport that leaves every 10 to 15 minutes. Took about 15 minutes to get to the hotel, with a stop at the Marriott.

No mention of Priceline at check-in. (VERY important to me...). Just a "Your room has already been paid for, all we need is a credit card for incidentals". I was given a choice of one king bed, or two twins. Smoking or non-smoking. Ended up in a high-floor inside-room facing the beautiful courtyard.

The room is big and comfortable. Bed is just like how i like it... Firm! Bathroom clean, and all in working order. There is a "balcony" overlooking the atrium. With the door open you feel kind of like you're outside. No troubling noice, although there was plenty of people in the restaurants and bars downstairs.

Pool area is alright. Nothing to write home about. Descent fitness facility with plenty of cardio equipment and free weights.

The town of Burlingame is within walking distance... at least for me. Took me about 10-15 minutes to get there. A few restaurants, ice cream parlors, a health food store, beauty salons, a deli, dry cleaning and your basic services. Oh... and a SUBWAY! (A big + for me...)

Oh, and here comes the best part... FREE WIRELESS INTERNET!

All in all - enjoyed my stay. Would DEFINITELY come back again... Hope you enjoy it as well.

Here's the hotel's website: http://sanfranciscoairport.hyatt.com/prope...rty/index.jhtml

• 5 months later...

The Hyatt is located in the Burlingame area next to the airport and has a shared shuttle-service with the Marriott that runs very frequently taking you to the hotel in about five minutes (from the international terminal - other terminals may be longer).

We had three rooms at this hotel and were assigned two rooms on the sixth and one on the nineth floor. All rooms were pretty similar and faced the inside Atrium and were a little on the small side but sufficient for a few days. The first room we had on the nineth floor was a little too smelly, however, so we had to change that - the second one was just fine.

All rooms were clean and had the usual King bed, a dresser with TV and an additional small sleeper sofa. There also was a desk with chair and available power outlets to connect your laptop...and Internet was available wireless and free (good reception - about 75% signal strength on the nineth floor). Rooms on the sixth floor had a little fridge while the one on the nineth did not have that.

We had breakfast in the restaurant, and while a little pricey (14.50$ for the buffet) the food was pretty good, frequently replaced with fresh stuff. They also had wonderful fruit (FRESH strawberries, melon, pineapple - I LOVED that). This is in contrast to previous reports on this hotel that said the buffet was borderline to inedible.

All in all a great stay, good location even to the city (take the BART from the airport to get there and avoid the high parking fees). Parking is pretty pricey at the Hyatt, but you can park one block towards the airport for free in a small side street where we found plenty of parking. Walk there was less than five minutes...

Greetings - Dirk

• 3 months later...

stayed here couple weeks ago

picked up a promo piece with the following

This from a promotional piece I picked up at the front desk last night.

"Treat yourself to personalized service"

"For an additional $35, enjoy our Regency Club Floor Offering a Private Lounge with Continental Breakfast, Afternoon Snacks and Evening Hors d'oeuvres, Morning Paper, Dedicated Concierge..."

Hours Monday 5p-9p

tues-thur 6a-9:30a and 11a-9p

Fri 6:30a-9:30p

Other tidbits

"A Room with a View"

"for an additional $15 enjoy a deluxe guestroom with a view of the San Francisco Bay"

"The Room with the Most Gadgets Wins"

"For an additional $20, enjoy a Business Plan Room"

copier\fax\printer, complimentray High-speed Wireless Internet access(does this mean the rest of the hotel is going to have a fee? hmmmmm)

On the back of the piece

"Just completed a $2 Million guestroom upgrade" yada yada

Enjoy....

• 10 months later...

Used this hotel for both an outbound and inbound one nite stay. Both times was greeted upon arrival and service was professional.

First stay was assigned a king bed, non-smoking room, as requested. Room was clean (except for a bit of trash left in the wastebasket by a previous guest) and bed was comfortable. Included a refrigerator which was a nice perk although we didn

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 9 months later...

- Stayed Sat night (8/12/06) before our early AM flight to Hawaii on Sun.

- Shuttle runs 24 hours; every 15 minutes--very good service! Since our flight was so early, the shuttle was not crowded & we did not have to stop by the Marriott to pick-up other passengers & our airline was the 1st drop-off stop. Shuttle is 3rd party not run by Hyatt. Got to airport w/in 10 mins! Plenty of time to wait in check-in & security lines @ airport.

- Check-in & check-out was quick & easy; no mention of PL.

- We were placed on the 5th floor in 2-bed non-smoking room (as requested), however facing freeway (noisy), but were able to fall asleep. No rooms available facing atrium (if light sleeper, these rooms are quieter).

- Room had refrig, double-sheet blankets, nice firm mattresses, clean bathroom, strong shower, nice toiletries.

- Pool is small; gym is small, but was not crowded & good equipment.

- Did not eat @hotel, plenty of restaurants (fast food or sit-down) nearby (however, not w/in walking distance).

- Parking is $20 overnight. We did not leave our car @ hotel; friend dropped us off @ hotel. Street parking is farther away (@ least a couple blocks); not sure if this would be safe to leave car on street.

:) Very nice hotel. We would stay again if won on PL.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

We stayed here for 3 days in Dec. 2007. If this were rated a 3* hotel, it would exceed my expectations for one. As a 4*, it is lacking. There should be a 3.5* rating, and that would apply to this place.

It is true that the decor is a little dated, but when we were there, we saw signs of renovations going on, so maybe that will change things. I always feel that a 4* hotel should have a bath robe hanging in the closet, and saw there were none. The towels available in the washroom were somewhat thin. The bed was comfortable, and the room was big. It was also very clean, and the housekeeper wrote us a thank you note after the first time she cleaned the room thanking us for a tip we left. The checkin process was very efficient, as we had emailed a request through to the dedicated Hyatt Priceline address noting our requests for a non-smoking quiet room, and they were all granted.

However, the complaints that I had about the place: The food is ridiculously expensive, and there are not too many other options in the area for dining if you don't have a car. It seems to be a recurring theme with the usurious prices for food and drink at SFO, it seems to have carried over to this hotel. To take a coffee and croissant out, it was close to $10 at the takeout kiosk. We only ate at the sports bar Knuckles as we checked in late and were hungry, but thought $9 for a plate of potato skins was a little much. There seems to be road construction with the exits to and from the 101 freeway, but are very confusing and don't highlight very well the signs for Bayshore Highway. To go north onto the 101, there is a very dangerous setup at the time of this writing with a yield sign that is painted onto the road that is not very clear.

Proud to be Canadian!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]