Priceline Hotel: Phuket Thailand hotels on Priceline

jamesjim1k
By jamesjim1k,
in

I see that Priceline now has several zones for bidding on Phuket Island, divided by the various beach town areas. Has anyone had any success, or know which hotels are in the Karon/Kata zone and the Patong Zone based on stars? Would also love to know what a winning bid was.

Thanks,

jim

jamesjim1k - Welcome to BetterBidding!

All hotels that have been reported to the board can be found in the Priceline Hotel List for Other Countries

You also need to look after reported wins in Priceline Other Countries

Please note that hotel ratings and zones can change any time. You could be the first to report a new hotel. Allways look at the PL maps before you bid so you are comfortable with the zone.

Just ask if you need any help.

Good luck and keep the board updated.

Henrik.

I've tried several times to bid for Phuket and never succeeded.

My observations are:

- Phuket zones are spread quite widely and you could end up far from the beach or populated areas. Or, if that's what you WANT, you could end up IN the populated areas or on the beach.

- Like Bangkok, there is little savings, if any, from using Priceline. I've found the prices on sites like Travelocity and Orbitz are at Priceline "name your own price" levels.

- Hotel quality varies DRAMATICALLY in Thailand and you need to be very very sure of what you are getting in advance.

My strategy for Thailand:

- Find a star quality in your price range in the place you want.

- Research the property on hotel review websites like this one and TripAdvisor.

- Book the lowest price via the hotel website or other search engine.

Priceline is perfect for cities like London, Paris, New York, DC, etc. and I use it all the time with incredible savings and almost always great locations and quality.

For the little or no savings, and the huge unknowns on Priceline, I have never seen Priceline worthwhile for Thailand.

• 1 year later...

Patong is central, but it full of bars & tourists...I would not stay there since Phuket is a beautiful island if you want to enjoy the beaches not the bars & tourits. Stay in Bangkok if you enjoy the city life.

Karon/Kata zone is much better, but you need your own transportation, rent a motobike.

The north (Laguna) is the luxury zone, it has overpriced hotels & the beach is not as nice as the south.

Would not pay more than $50/night for 3* or higher.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]