Passport Unlimited

gruntlumber
By gruntlumber,
in

For those who happen to live in these select cities, or travel to them, this is a sweet deal:

http://www.passportunlimited.com/index2.asp?guest=1

I've been a Gold member for several years now. It's buy one, get one with almost no restrictions. For example, here in Kansas City you could go to The Majestic Steakhouse every day for dinner (or lunch for that matter) and get a $40 steak BOGO. It's an annual membership, and you can buy a regional/city membership or national. No coupons! It's a card, similar to the Entertainment Card except instead of punching holes and one-time use and weekend limits, this has no limits. I use it all the time for client meetings and nights out with the wife. You can use up to 2 cards per table (so 4 people eating for the price of 2) and you can buy a 2nd card for half-price.

In addition to BOGO meals, there is a half-price hotel program available as well (Quest Hotel Savings). It's nothing compared to Priceline or Hotwire, but in some circumstances it might be a good deal (although I've never used it).

Sweet deal!

Thank you for this notice, gruntlumber.

How should a person calculate the tip when taking advantage of a BOGO offer, as a percentage of the bill or as a percentage of what would have been the actual price of the meal without the offer? I suspect the latter, because the staff is still putting in the same effort.

When you use the Passport card, the server will bring back a triplicate-style receipt you need to sign specifically for the discount (some merchants use this religiously and some don't even bother). Those that do will calculate the suggested tip for you (they give you a range of 10%-20% I believe). These suggestions are of course based on the pre-discounted price.

One other thing worth mentioning about this program is the fact that most of the restaurants on the list are nice places. There are a couple run-of-the-mill bar/grill types, but overall I'm very satisfied with the quality of choices. One gripe I have with Entertainment and some other BOGO coupon programs is you never know what you will get (ownership change, out-of-business, or just plain dumpy). Passport does a great job of screening for quality establishments, and it's very discreet since you don't have actual coupons to deal with.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]