Priceline Hotel: 4* Pittsburgh (Downtown) Renaissance

bmillare
By bmillare,
in

What could be the mysterious 4* hotel in downtown, PIT if I book at hotwire.com? It says it's original $107, but will be discounted 25%; therefore, it is priced for $80. I am stayin May 26 through 28. While I was doing research I could not find a 4* hotel that was for 107 standard price in downtown area. Can someone give me some feedback in what hotel I could possible get?

I saw that the Omni was $107 at Hotels.com, but it was already discounted by 10% from $119.

Advance thanks.

When I researched a package deal (air+hotel+car), only one 4* hotel showed up. The hotel was the The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh w/ Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access features.

When I researched only hotels it gave me a 4* hotel with features of Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center and High-speed Internet. The Westin does not fit the criteria since it contains a pool. What is your take on this?

Thanks.

When I researched a package deal (air+hotel+car), only one 4* hotel showed up. The hotel was the The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh w/ Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access features.

When I researched only hotels it gave me a 4* hotel with features of Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center and High-speed Internet. The Westin does not fit the criteria since it contains a pool. What is your take on this?

Thanks.

I'm not the expert :)

Could be the Omni William Penn from the hotel list.

But that has been reported as a Customer Favorite :)

I recently researched 4* hotels in this area and besides the Westin and Omni, the Renaissance is probably a 4* in this area as well... reviews on all were very good.

If you dig a little deeper, you will find this thread which overlaps your dates: Priceline Pittsburgh Omni William Penn :)

Unless there is a specific property you need, i would try to copy that bid and save the extra $20 over the above HOTWIRE offering (which i'm guessing is the Omni... small(er) chance of it being the Renaissance... i doubt it's the Westin)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes. If you do happen to go with the above rather than bid, please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Hope that helps... if you would like a specific bidding strategy let us know (as i remember everything i did :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is my first time bidding. How should I go about bidding? This is probably a beginner's question but I thought I'd ask just incase it might be different.

According to your post, I should start at SavingsBarn.com and click on the PRICELINE link. From there do I click on "Name Your Own Price" link and pre-select the criteria below:

Area- Pittsburgh Downtown

Star Level- 4*

Price - $57 as shown in your previous post

Then enter all the necessary information and click "Buy My Hotel Room Now". I guess from here I will find out whether or not priceline accepts my "bid" and if not I can rebid.

Through Priceline what hotels might I get for a 4* in PIT downtown area.

By the way, can you send me bidding strategies.

Thanks for your help.

You got the process correct. Just follow the instructions on the PL sites. It's very easy. You will find all 4* hotels reported to the board in the hotel list for Pittsburgh.

You must post your maximum budget and the zone (s) you're willing to accept if you want help with a strategy.

Please read this: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained Just post if you need help to determ/confirm your free zones.

Good luck!

Henrik.

The 4* hotels previously reported in this zone are found in the Priceline Hotel List. New hotels can be added at any time, and hotels already on the list can be upgraded/downgraded at anytime, so you may receive a new hotel not yet on the list (or a hotel at a different star level than listed), but that list should give you a good basis for what you might get.

As yellowdog suggests, give Priceline Re-Bidding Explained a good read to figure out your re-bid zones and feel free to confirm them with the board if you're unsure.

You can begin bidding as follows:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $57, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $59, if rejected add re-bid zoen...

Bid $60.

You have more re-bid zones than the above, but i'm fairly confident that the above will likely be successful, so we'll start there and continue of we need to.

If you're not familiar with the process it can seem a bit overwhelming at first, so just take it slow and feel free to ask any questions you have along the way and we'll walk you thru it. :)

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It was my first time with bidding in priceline and it was an awesome experience with the help of users here!

I used the strategy given by thereuare, but with some modification. See below for details.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $57, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60.

I had to skip $59 dollars since there was only 4 zones I could add. It worked and the small(er) chance of getting the Renaissance was on my side.

I wish I knew about this sooner. By the way, does this same methodology work with airflights?

Thanks alot!

Congratulations on your win.

So i guess you received the Renaissance?

Glad it worked out well for you, you're happy with the results, and that the board was able to help.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.... maybe we'll see you around town that weekend :)

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]