Bahamas Nassau Wyndham Resort

jimmythemonkey
By jimmythemonkey,
in

We booked a Vacation Package thru Priceline for 7 nites and roundtrip air from Miami for 2 for $963.00. Our stay was 1-19-04 thru 1-26-04 after a 16 nite cruise. The location was spectacular as was the view from our room. The hotel is approximately 14 years old and is showing it's age. We stayed in the "H" Tower on the 11th floor in room 1107. The room really could have used some updating and new furnishings - Upholstery was worn and stained and carpeting was a bit worn as well. The room had a balcony with a view of the pool and ocean. The balcony had astroturf on it that had holes worn right thru it and really looked awful. It appeared that they were in the process of removing/replacing the astroturf, as many of the other balconies had new astroturf or none at all. At any rate, we just tried not to focus on the shabby astroturf and instead enjoyed the wonderful ocean view. The pool had an awful lot of algae in it and was just filthy. I can't imagine why they neglected the pool so badly as it really looked disgusting. All in all, the property lacked basic maintenance and upkeep. When visiting the Bahamas, prepare to be "fifteen percented to death". For instance, a can of Budweiser at the pool snack bar was 4.95 + 15% Service Fee = 5.69 each. If the service had been good or even adequate, I wouldn't have had an issue with this, but service was generally slow, apathetic, and inefficient. There was, however a Duty Free store in the hotel that sold cans of Bud for approximately 2.75, so, we purchased items there and enjoyed having a few "cold ones" on our balcony. Room service was painfully slow (2 hours and 10 minutes) and the food was average. They were out of many of the items listed in the room service menu. Alternatively, we very much enjoyed Johnny Canoe's, a great restaurant, which was within walking distance, next door. The shrimp and conch were excellent. Local bus transportation to the downtown shopping area was quite convenient and only cost $1. I had read numerous negative reviews about this hotel, so, my expectations were low. I knew in advance that this would not be an Atlantis type experience. Also please note that this hotel charges $17 per day additionally ($7/day maid service and $10/day energy charge), so, we were billed an additonal $119 for our 7 nite stay. We would definitely visit the Bahamas again, but would not stay at this property.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]