Hotwire's server errors and double charging. some help please.

andersba
By andersba,
in

Dear board,

I have tried searching but couldn't find a similar topic. I would really appriciate some help in this situation.

A few hours ago I tried to book a hotel in London through hotwire,com, after entering my credit details etc I pressed purchase and received a server error message that stated that the site experienced problems and that my card would not get charged.

I waited an hour and tried credit card number 2 and the same thing happened. I cant remember the actual server error code but i believe that it was #250 (or similar).

The thing is; I checked my credit card statements for both credit cards. Credit card number one had been charged once, and credit card number two had been charged twice (doublecharged).

I have not receieved any confirmation that any hotel rooms are booked..

I tried to get through to customer support (from the UK): no answer. And I have also sent them an e-mail explaining the problem.

Has anybody got a clue how I should proceed with this.

Thanks alot in advance :)

Glad they resovled it.

Chances are that this was a 'hold' placed on your account and not a confirmed charge.

For anyone else that has this isssue in the future:

1) HOTWIRE customer services i usually pretty good (as the above is evidence), always try to resolve with them first

2) call credit card company to see if this is a hold or a charge that has actually gone thru

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]