one way?

baldtomato
By baldtomato,
in

does PL (air fare bids) work for one-way tickets? I'm looking for 2 tickets one way from San Francisco to Hong Kong for late September. Never used PL for air tickets before coz I live in Canada and never had a chance to have flights departing from the US

thanks in advance to anyone who can give me some advice

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Baldtomato,

Oasis http://www.oasishongkong.com/ca/en/home.aspx are a new cut price airline operating out of Hong Kong. they have been flying LGW / HKG for about a year, to generally very favourable reviews.

They are launching a new service Vancouver / HKG next week and have one ways in September for $396 Canadian inc all taxes. This probaly won't help, but its an option.

What may be more useful is that they are due to launch a direct service Oakland / HKG "in the near future", they usually have some terrific deals the first few days on a new service, worth keeping a weather eye on!

Good Luck,

:) Pirate

• 5 weeks later...

thanks -

i've eventually changed my itinerary and will be flying out of Vancouver to Hong Kong in December instead - fitting Oasis's route perfectly and yes I did manage to get tickets at $299+tax each way. Quite a steal for super-high-season-December :-)

the only down side for Oasis is the luggage restriction - they only allow ONE piece of luggage each Economy ticket (2 pc for Business class) and less than 30 kg, not 32 kg. Gotta be careful with how much to buy in Hong Kong....

hopefully the Oakland route will be coming out soon

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]