Priceline Hotel: 3* Jersey City

mzjones34
By mzjones34,
in

It's been my experience that once you're not accepted under $40, you have raise your bid to levels which subject you to receiving the DoubleTree.

Given rates are low at the Hyatt maybe something will appear at the last minute, but i wouldn't count on it.

If not successful, what are your thoughts as to a back-up plan? Will this mostly a place to commute from into NYC?

PS- i also assumed that this was just the one nite of the 5th but correct me if i'm wrong (and you meant the 5th and 6th

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My back-up plan is maybe to crash at a friend's house... BUT it would be much better if I could get something.

Yes, it is just the one night. Unless, perhaps I can get two nights at the Hyatt for the $35... which I would be willing to do. Do you think that would give me a better result?

We're on the same page :)

I'm doubtful two nites will give you a better result, but it's certainly worth a shot and i would sooner try that than raising my bid to the mid-$60's for just the one nite (as again, this opens up other possibilities).

Is the purpose to visit your friend (located in NY or NJ?) or to day trip into NYC?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well the last time it was reported it was won for $49, but....

you could get a different 3* hotel in the Newark area :) The advantage of the Gateway is that it is very close to the PATH train, however the area surrounding it is not really great and i wouldn't want to have to walk around there after dark. Combine that with the chance that you get a different 3* hotel in that area and i don't think it's a recommended zone to be bidding (but that's me, your thoughts may be different).

I'm sure hotels release rooms at the last minute and day of check-in, but i would think that this is more coincidence of them changing rates for an entire period than a plan to adjust rates downward on check-in day. Remember that to change rates the hotels need to log-in to a computerized system and update the information. Along with the other duties involved with their day, i don't think this is something they want to be bothered with every working day, so making a practice of chaning rates on a daily basis (on day of check-in) i don't think is a policy that is widely implemented.

If i were in your shoes my zone preferences (accounting for price, location, convenience) would be:

Jersey City

NYC (MTE)

Meadowlands area (before Newark)

.... but of course i don't know your specific plans or needs.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]