Priceline Hotel: 3* Kauai (Kapaa-Lihue-Koloa) Hilton Kauai Beach Resort

MKCriswell
By MKCriswell,
in

Placed these bids on the same day as check-in, so I may have gotten a better deal than someone trying a month in advance. I first bid for a Resort, South Shore, Kauai at $189 - rejected. Priceline offered me an immediate rebid opportunity if I upped my price $25 - I declined. Then had my successful bid as above.

Hilton added $12/day as a mandatory "Resort Fee" which is really a bogus way of making their prices look cheaper by separating out part of the price.

Overall, a nice hotel stay - very nice for a 3*, but definitely not in the same class as the "Resort" class hotels on Kauai like the Hyatt. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, this property is available direct from Hilton for about $90 or $95 using the 50% off Entertainment Card. So don't bid for it on priceline and pay more (and give priceline an extra fee)! :)

If you buy direct, you may also qualify for HiltonHHonors points (they gave them to me on the rate).

I'm a little surprised Priceline's rating this only 3 stars. It IS a resort. Mind you, not a grand resort, but a resort. I'd personally rate it 4 stars to differentiate it from the Hawaiian megaresorts (like the Poipu Hyatt). For under $100, it's probably the best hotel deal in all of Hawaii these days. Book it before it's pulled.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]