Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark-Meadowlands (Elizabeth) Country Inn and Suites

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

looking for a Newark area hotel so I started my search by going to HOTWIRE and found that the EWR zone had what appeared to be a few good deals: The 3.5* Doubletree was $69 and the 2.5* Country Inn & Suites was $75. I thought I could do better and commenced my Priceline bidding session and selected 2.5* in Elizabeth and bid $51. I received a counteroffer to increase my bid to $65. I rejected this and opened up a new browser, through Savingsbarn.com as always, and bid $54 by adding Jersey City...Success:

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $54.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $15.80

Total Charges: $69.80

Really pleased with this win, this is a nice hotel adding JC could have been a bit risky, but I didn't think any property in that zone would accept a $54 bid and if unsuccessful, I was planning on adding Secaucus-North Bergen as this zone seemed to have little availability for my date. I did not want to add Newark as a zone as I didn't want to risk getting "upgraded" to the Doubletree and pay $23 for parking and High Speed Internet, not to mention paying for breakfast. I even think that the Doubletree stopped baking cookies, you are offered somethng that resembles Chips Ahoy....

Ended up with take out for dinner, a short drive from the Country Inn and Suites is a great little Churrasqueira that features grilled chicken and ribs, they use real hardwood charcoal. I would guess that the hotel shuttle bus could take you there. For $12 you get a half chicken, two large ribs, rice and french fries, enough for two. Went back for Lunch, they have a grilled chicken sandwich on a portuguese roll with fries for $5, a great 'wich. They have a few tables, but most of their business is take out with cars are double parked outside during dinnertime.

Portugal Barbecue

207 Clark Place

Elizabeth, NJ 07206

(908) 289-6554

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]