Priceline Hotel: 4* Hilton Vancouver Metrotown $20+$10

pitflyer
By pitflyer,
in

I got this hotel for a weekend in May for $20 + $10 bonus link that was emailed to me. Based on thesqueegeekid's post on Flyertalk (and here, and TOBB) I reasoned the PL rate was $30 and gambled and bid on a 3* hotel. It also seems that when Priceline calculates its minimum acceptable bids that it takes bonus money into consideration... normally $20 would not be considered for a 3*, let alone 4*.

If I may post like another overbearing moderator: You should never bid for a specific hotel in a zone, and you should never bid looking for an upgrade. But if you do, you can enjoy the thrill of victory (or the agony of defeat, which in this case, may be a stay at a Holiday Inn, etc :) )

Good job ....

I followed some simple instructions on the flyertalk board on becoming a Hilton Honors Gold member .... just like that. I also did the same for becoming and SPG-Gold. (Upgraded rooms, free breakfasts but no points).

If you are not one, email me through the link here, I will get back to you in a couple days on how to do it too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]