Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Meadowlands-Rutherford) Courtyard Lyndhurst

rhuynh
By rhuynh,
in

Hi, I need bidding assistance for a 2.5* or 3* hotel in Secaucus-North Bergen or Jersey City, 5/13 to 5/18.

My budget is around $85 per night, which probably makes the 3* a bit unrealistic, but what I really want is a 2.5* in Secaucus (i.e. Courtyard, Amerisuites, etc). I know it will be tough to get 5 straight nights, but any help would be much appreciated! I have considered splitting, but wanted some advice before I give that a try.

The Marriott Courtyard in Secaucus is a nice property in a great location, but I don't believe that we see many winning bids during the week. The same goes for the Amerisuites/Hyatt Place, which used to come up frequently on HOTWIRE several years ago. The rate at both properties is $209 :) . If you have a car, you might want to expand your search to the Meadowlands-Rutherford zone and at $85 you might just get the 3* Sheraton Meadowlands. Occasionally the 2.5* Courtyard in Lyndhurst has been reported as well. At the 2* level, you may get the Extended Stay, so be aware. Finally, if you split your bid for 5/13-5/15 and 5/15-5/18 you might get a lower bid accepted for Sunday&Monday as these days have lower occupancy than Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in this area. Good Luck!

the best route into Manhattan depends on the hotel that you get. The 2.5* Marriott Courtyard in Lyndhurst has a bus stop just about on its corner. The Sheraton Meadowlands operates a shuttle bus on a schedule that will take you to a bus stop in Secaucus, not too bad on the trip into the city, but on the way back, you might be waiting on a street corner for the hotel shuttle bus to show up, I believe that you have to notify the hotel for a pickup.

IMHO, the best way into the city is to take NJ Transit #320 into the city, just drive to the North Bergen Park and Ride, the cost for parking and a round trip bus ticket is $7.50 and additional passengers pay $4.40 round trip. http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0320.pdf The trip into the city can be 20 minutes door to door and the Park and Ride has a waiting room in case its raining or cold. Tickets are purchased from a vending machine, so you will need to keep your "parking ticket" to exit the facility. From the Port Authority Bus Terminal you can take the subway or walk. I was able to walk over to the Javits center in about 10 minutes.

A second, but more expensive way to get into the city is via the NY Waterway water taxi from Port Imperial terminal. Fares are $6.00 each way and parking is $7.00 before 10:00 am. Once you are left off at 39th street, there are several free bus routes to take you around the city during the day. Just keep your ticket to board the busses. http://www.nywaterway.com/ferry/schedules/....asp?ferryid=99 The Ferry can even take you to Yankee Stadium.

Welcome to the board.

Did you want to try for a 3* first up to your limit or are you really looking for the least expensive 2.5* property or better in the Secaucus-North Bergen and/or Jersey City areas? Did you have any thoughts on the other zone(s) dahammer mentioned?

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey guys, thanks for help!

I just got the Courtyard Lyndhurst 2.5* for 5/13 to 5/18 for $81 per night.

Your Offer Price: $81.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 5

Subtotal: $405.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$74.76

Total Charges*: $479.76

Bidding went as follows:

2-star, Jersey City - $83 (REJECTED)

2-star, Meadowlands - $81 (ACCEPTED) - upgraded to 2.5*

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]