Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Revere-Logan Airport BOS) & (Boston Waterfront - Conven

gmmiller
By gmmiller,
in

I jut bid on a 4* Boston hotel near Logan, 2 rooms, next tuesday (a week from now), 1 night

1st bid - 4* Revere-Logan Airport BOS $60, not won

2nd bid - 4* Revere-Logan Airport BOS & Boston Waterfront $75, not won

I will try again in a few days. Any suggestions on price to bid?

You can almost always save money using Priceline or Hotwire but it can be a lot of work and sometimes frustrating. I was trying for a 4* hotel in Philadelphia for last week, good thing I started early, and that is a tip right there, for next week may put you up against it. In any event, people were winning this hotel with $65 bids, I think cool. Not so fast batman. I bid up to $150 for the same hotel several times, not accepted. It was a busier time, so just because you have seen these hotels go for short money, doesn't mean it will neccesarily happen for you. It just may be that the hotel is sold out and if Priceline had any inventory it is gone or it could be any number of other things. What you need to do is find out what 4* hotels are being offered for at the hotel websites, you may find they have no rooms to offer or that they are way higher than you thought for those days. The hotel business is not different than any other business it is all supply and demand.

Hotwire isn't listing any 4* hotels in that zone, not good news. The only thing I see is a 2* hotel in that zone for $79. I suspect if your looking for a 4* hotel this wouldn't suit your needs. I just noticed there is a 3* hotel for $169, this may be more than you expected to pay.

It is worth the effort but this can sometimes be a lot of work.

Thanks,

Barry

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]