CA Sacramento Hilton Cal Expo Arden

alansmithee
By alansmithee,
in

Spent one night at the Sacramento Hilton; it was our second stay there. Our $65 Hotwire rate got us a nice 2 double bed room on the 10th floor for HHonors guests. Checkin was very smooth. I was a little worried because there was a prom going on in the ballroom, but they were pretty contained and things were very quiet. The room itself was newly renovated, clean and very comfortable. Despite all the renovation and nice appointments, there was one very strange thing--the door to the bathroom was one of those horrible squeaky sliding pocket doors, instead of a door with actual hinges. The pool and spa were being renovated and out of commission. The gym was relocated to a meeting room on the 2nd floor; we didn't check it out. The new beds were very restful. We would stay here again.

• 3 years later...

This was my second stay here through Hotwire this year. $71 plus taxes/fees. Standard room. We asked for a quiet room. While we did not hear street noise, during the night one or more intoxicated (according to the front desk) guests from a wedding party taking place earlier at the hotel make quite a ruckus in a room across the hall from us. Hotel security went to the room and told my wife (who looked into the hall to investigate) that the situation was resolved. Noise continued, so we phoned the front desk, and were offered the opportunity to move to another, better room elsewhere in the hotel (it was about 2 a.m. and we had several bags unpacked, so we declined). I was told that while they could ask the offending guest if they wanted to move, they couldn't force them. Fortunately, the noise abated. Back to the room: it was comfortable, though showing its age (e.g., scuff marks on furniture). I thought the bar was a bit on the expensive side, even for a hotel (e.g., no draft beers, $6.50 for a bottle of Sierra Nevada). Internet was $2.95 per hour, $9.95 for 12 hours or $12.95 for 24 hours (concierge will print airline boarding passes for free)I didn't catch the fact that I'd been charged for a one-hour rate and 24-hour rate until long after we'd left (my fault for not checking closer). Parking is free. Hotel is close to highways, and shopping, but not close to tourist destinations. We did stop by the Hyatt downtown for a drink-- much more luxurious and in a nicer location, albeit with parking fees. Although Hotwire lists the Hilton a 3 1/2 star hotel, I'd give it 3.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]