Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Toronto (Mississauga) Residence Inn, 05/04/07

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hi,

I am planning on visiting Toronto area, with my partner and our kids (total of 6) between May 4 to 6.

I am thinking of staying at a property like the Residence Inn for obvious (space) reasons.

There are 2 clear rebid zones..(zones without 2.5*) - Toronto East and Scarborough - but they are far away from where I want to stay. But then there are two other rebid zones - Oakville & Toronto west that are closer - but they also have 3*s. If I chose any of these rebid zones, isn't it possible that I can be upgraded to a 3* ?

I already tried to bid Toronto (Mississauga) 2.5* at $28 and was rejected. I want to go on and add a rebid zone, but I am not sure which would be prudent to ask -- those in the Scarborough & East end?

What strategy would you advice?

Regards, Noela

Three major problems here.

Oakville & Toronto West are NOT free rebid zones because as you say they each have 3* hotels and you may (more than likely) be 'upgraded' to this star level.

A Priceline bid is the minimum star level you are happy with.

You cannot guarantee you'll get the Residence Inn or any other hotel in the list on this board.

The list is just those hotels that have been reported.

There may be more or less or even no 2.5* hotels in that area now

A priceline win only guarantees room occupancy for two so I hope you are bidding for two rooms :)

Blindman,

thanks very much for your cautions -- I am aware of the restrictions, and realize there are no guarantees, but I will still want to bid -- is it possible to do so through Hotwire -- none of the hotels listed have amenities that resemble those of Residence Inn.

rgds, Noela

If you really want a specific hotel I would suggest booking it directly, its rather unlikely you will get it although possible. Also keep in mind when your adding an actual re-bid zone you have no chance of getting a hotel in that zone so the physical location of it does not matter. The areas as of right now with hotels of only 2* and below are Scarborough - Pickering and Toronto East. Which area did you actually want to stay in? Whats your max bid? Even for a 2.5* $28 is a bit of a low ball usually, I would look up the rates of hotels in the area you want to stay and start bidding at somewhere between 50-70% off of those rates. Sometimes you can get a 4* for around $60-$70 if that strikes you fancy in downtown TO.

Thanks very much - Blindman and Will - I am still trying to find cheaper rates through other alternative means. If all fails, I might still come here and bid by friday, after comparing costs of two separate reservations through PL versus direct booking with the hotel.

regards, Noela

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]