Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Airport EWR) Doubletree Airport

usafan
By usafan,
in

dahammer:

somebody used your recommendation "Spanish Tavern" already. :)

I have 1/2 day before my flight in the afternoon to Germany. I have a rental car .. any nice town in NJ to spend some time? What about Grist Mill or so?

Here is my bid:

3* DT Newark $65 ++ total $82.76 May 6, 2007

-Started with $58 3* Jersey City - rejected

-Added Elizabeth $62 - rejected

-Added Newark $65 - accepted

I guess I made a mistake, may have gotten DT Newark cheaper ($50++), actually wanted Jersey City :) . Still,

I am OK, price on DT/Hilton was like $190 or so.

a half day in Newark doesn't leave much time to drive very far; too bad the Budweiser Brewery in Newark does not give plant tours :) ....but about 10 miles away is New York City home to about 8 million and visited by many more millons each year.....this one's a tough decision.....where to visit......here is a site that shows Kid Trips in NJ. How about the Edison National Historic Site Maybe a driving tour of some of the locations for the Soprano's episodes?

I would still recommend using NJ Transit into NYC, take the train.

Hopefully others may chime in.....

OT .... OT .... OT

Thanks all...BTW Grist Mill, which I mentioned is (only) a street, looked it up and the village I was asking for was Mahwah.

Anyway, we will go by car to NYC before Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg is going to impose a $8 congestion fee :)

I can see that there are at least two bridges and two tunnels to come back to EWR (to catch my plane).

Thanks again.

Bloomberg got the idea from London!! :)

Even with a car, I would not likely drive into Manhattan and I have heard from others that the roads around the Newark airport and the Doubletree are confusing. You will know what I mean once you get there. At any rate, if you drove into Manhattan from the Doubletree, you will want to take the Holland Tunnel.

Good luck, and I'm not sure what the Grist Mill is either!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]