Hotwire Hotel: 4* Boston (Airport Logan BOS - Saugus) Hyatt Harborside

OldRelayer
By OldRelayer,
in

I just bought some tickets for May 29th for STeely Dan at the Bank of America Pavillion. Parking is always a problem in these cities for such events so I would really like to park the car at the hotel or a parking garage near the hotel and take a taxi to the venue. It would be nice if it were a 3 or 4 * hotel. But where it is only one night convinience might be more important that amenities. Although there a couple of places I would rather not stay do to bad experiences, Doubletree, Days Inn, Holiday Inn. A Sheraton, Hilton, Hyatt , Marriot would be nice. For the $35 they want for parking even coming in from Cambridge can't be more than $20 by taxi, but not sure of that. We will probably drive down the day of the show and leave the next morning May 30th. Will to listen to any ideas.

Thanks

Barry

I'd start by looking at our Priceline Map of Boston, locating the BofA Pavillion, and then figuring out which zones and/or hotels are nearby.

Once you decide which zones would be acceptable let us know your budget and minimum star rating and we'll be able to advise further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did get it all sorted out. The Hyatt Harborside is the best bet, just a water taxi across the Harbor and your there. It was a little harder to pin it down on Priceline but Hotwire had a reasonable deal of $99 for what they call a 4* hotel, I have always liked the Hyatt's so I am sure it will be great.

If you want to move this to Hotwire forum and change the title appropriately, I don't have any problem with that.

As an ID the Customer favorite 4* hotel in the Logan Air Port / Saugus zone is the Hyatt Harborside. The reason I knew this is the reviews talked about how close it was to the Airport and how it had Harbor views, could only be this hotel.

BTW, I still don't get email notification, if I don't check a thread, I never know if anyone has posted, not very convenient.

Thanks,

Barry

Glad you sorted it out.

Can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

We've check the board's email error logs and there are no errors regarding email notifications... is it possible your email provider is blocking it? I'll send you another message offline in this regard too.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually I don't see anything in the amenities that would distinguish it from a 3 star hotel but we have stayed at Hyatt's and they are indeed very nice and well worth $99. BTW now that same room is $107 for that date, so I must have caught it just right. One thing about hotwire they do vary their prices often, I saw it change 3 times in a few hours the last time I booked a room through them, I was lucky and caught it about $25 cheaper than the high for that day. One thing good about Hotwire is with a little investigation you can ID the hotel pretty accurately, although I am sure if you didn't mind risking getting another hotel, you could do $20 or $30 better at Priceline.com, I wanted this hotel because of the convenience to The venue for the event we will be attending, that and I really like the Hyatt chain.

If anyone posts a reply, please PM me to let me know, having trouble getting email notification, but the PM notification works fine. I will be off midday to Portland for an overnight at a Sheraton that I got for $55 through priceline and then two nights in Philadelphia at another Sheraton through Hotwire for $127, in this case I had bid up to $145 for what most likely would have been the Hyatt at Penns and it was rejected. According to Priceline the Sheraton is 3 1/2 and the Hyatt 4*. I think they are probably comparable, we have enjoyed the Sheraton's as well and it might be a better location for what we want to do. I don't have a laptop but most of the good hotels have free access to a business center that is quite nice. These Opagues (which means I don't know what) have given us the opportunity to do more than we normally would or could afford, pretty cool.

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurants

High-speed Internet Access

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]