Priceline Hotel: Jersey City with kids

awc91823
By awc91823,
in

While I can say from personal experience - my research here and other places

suggest that the Jersey City -- and the Hyatt in particular are good

off Island accomadations with good access via PATH (across the street)

Do a search on Hyatt on the Hudson.

I might be staying there doing the same thing the following week depending on

how the bidding on the island and Jersey City goes.

So the real question is -- How much would I have to save to cover the

hastles and transportation costs to stay in Jersey City?

How long does it take to go from the Hyatt to say Central Park?

m

OK, first 'obstacle' is that priceline only guarantees double occupancy... after that it is at the discretion of the hotel. Is this a condition you're willing to accept/risk? On the otherhand, HOTWIRE does allow you to search for up to double occupancy.

Let us know and well then be able to figure your best options and/or a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am willing to risk not getting a room with 2 double beds. I might be mistaken, but thought that a hotel outside the city might have a better chance of being able to accommodate a request for a room with 2 double beds. Although, I realise there is no guarantee. Are the savings on priceline significant, compared to hotwire?

You are correct that you're more likely to find space outside of Manhattan, but it's still not guaranteed that you'll have beds for everyone when seeking more than double occupancy and using priceline. You seem to understand this and we just wanted to make sure.

I don't think ultra-low rates are currently available for your dates, but you can begin with the following:

When bidding 3* in Jersey City you have one re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Jersey City...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75.

Rates are not that high for your dates, but i still don't think the above will be successful, but at this point nothing to lose in trying. If/when rejected post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

seningen,

Instead of replying to multiple Jersey City threads which are for dates other than your own, why don't you start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay and keep everyone updated in that thread... this way other users who are looking in the area will be able to see your progress/updates in one location.

Next i'd try...

Select 3* Jersey City

$85 bid rejected, added re-bid zone..

$90 bid rejected.

If that is rejected wait 24 hours and try again:

Select 3* Jersey City

$95 bid rejected, added re-bid zone..

$100 bid rejected.

That should take you thru the next 48 hours at which point we'll update again.

Keep us update as to your progress or if you have any questions.

Over the last couple of days I've been using the savingsbarn.com link to PRICELINE and bid on

3* Jersey City, 5/18 - 5/20, for 2 rooms:

$85, rejected, added rebid zone

$90, rejected

$95, rejected, added rebid zone

$100, rejected

$105, rejected, added rebid zone

$110, rejected

The room rate from the Hyatt website is $189/night. The doubletree website is quoting $189 but with no 2xdouble bed rooms available.

Any suggestions on other areas to stay which are accessible to NYC would be appreciated. I don't mind having to travel into the city, but we have 3 small kids with us, so I would rather not travel more than 30 minutes to get into the city. We are driving up from DC, so we will also need parking.

Any suggestions on other areas to stay which are accessible to NYC would be appreciated
Did you not want to go up to your budget of $150 before switching to other zones? The Jersey City Waterfront is the most convenient to get in/out of NYC everyday, but there are other options (which may be cheaper, but also somewhat less convenient)

The next most convenient area is the Secaucus, Meadowlands, and North Bergen areas, but these are a distant second to the Jersey City area in terms of convenience (but these other areas also generarlly offer free parking, where the Jersey City area typically charges, which is another factor you need to consider when weighing your options). I'm fairly certain you could have success at $100 or less in these other areas, but nto sure if price or convenience is more important to you.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise further.

I would consider reserving the more expensive (by $10 per nite if i recall correctly) cancellable room rate at the Hyatt. This property has been releasing rooms closer to check-in lately, and with rates not that high, i'd try to leave your options open.

Please use our Hyatt link for whichever route you decide.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]