Priceline Hotel: need help bidding area near mdw

dks42697
By dks42697,
in

Sorry for confusing title. I am in need of a room one night each on two occasions next month. Have placed many unsuccessful bids on Priceline for the MDW area. Am wondering if anyone knows of another Priceline area that would not be too inconvenient. To explain, we are flying in to MDW for a trip to Michigan. So we will be heading in the NE direction. However, we are meeting family in Chicago first and they actually live W of Chicago in Sugargrove. We would like to travel as minimally out of our way as possible due to our 5 hour drive after this meeting. Any suggestions as to other Priceline areas I can bid and not be too far out? On our return we have actually scheduled our rental car return the evening previous our flight and will have to get a room near MDW that offers shuttle svc to a/p. I imagine I will have to bite the bullet and bid nearer $50 for a 2* that night to get one of those properties. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. :)

I'm not too familiar with the area so maybe somebody from else might chime in. However...

I did check out Orbitz for a random date in March and found a $36 internet rate at a Red Roof Inn that is 14.2 miles west of Midway airport (there is one 9 miles west of the airport but their rate is $45... might at least be good for the night you have the rental car and are visiting relatives west of the airport).

Another suggestion would be to look a map of their subway system and choose another area that runs along the same train line as the one that goes to MDW. (i know there is a "subway" type train system as well as a commuter railroad, i'd check both).

If you'd like more specific help post the exact dates you need and i'll try to offer further help when i have some more time.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help :) The date we have some flexibility is Mar 21. On March 29 we need a hotel with shuttle return to MDW.

Like the train idea, however travelling with 3 kiddos, so am most definately not that brave!! :)

I will have to look at Orbitz and Travelocity. Checked Hotwire and got 97.00 for the one near MDW and they only had one hotel come up as available. (3* I believe).

Thanks again!

Kim

I don't know if this will help or not, but I have heard that Midway is not in a very nice area. It is located in one of the rougher areas of Chicago. You may want to consider a hotel a little further away, for a more comfortable stay, or at least say at a little more expensive (higher quality) place. I don't know the area too well, have only been there a few times. We usually fly in/out of O'Hare. Good Luck! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]