Hotwire Hotel: 3* Miami (Beach) Best Western Oceanfront

snowglobe5
By snowglobe5,
in

I'm planning my first ever cruise with my daughter and granddaughter in December. The cruise is Dec 22 - Dec 29. We will arrive in Miami on the 19th and would like to spend three nights in a fairly inexpensive hotel on or near the beach. I don't know about getting transportation from the airport to the hotel or from the hotel to the Port of Miami but that will all come in time. :-)

My question Is there a way of knowing in advance the hotel that hot Wire is advertising? I did a search for my dates and a 3 star condo showed up for around $85.00 a night. I'd love to get it but I am a little hesitant as I've never used hot Wire or Priceline previously. We'll not be renting a car so hopefully wherever we stay will be within walking distance of some activity. If anyone could give my suggestions, I'd very much appreciate it.

nancy :-)

Hello snowglobe5 - Welcome to BetterBidding!

Firts of all, start with reading the boards FAQ for HOTWIRE and Priceline. It's very good help sine you never used it before. It will cover the basics for you.

You're traveling party is 3 people. So you can't go with Priceline since they only guarantee a room for 2 adults. So it have to be HOTWIRE for this stay.

No, there is no way to tell in advance about hotels that will be listed during your stay. HOTWIRE and Priceline is all about excess inventory.

Since you don't have a car, check the zones for the areas you are willing to stay in so you are comfortable with that.

You say you're hesitant to use HOTWIRE, what are you thinking about?

Please post the dates, amenities and price for the hotel you looked at so you can get help with the ID for this place.

Henrik.

Thanks for the welcome yellowdog....

Actually there will be four of us, two adults and two children (granddaughter is bring a friend). I am only hesitant because I've not done this before.

This is what my search came up with

3 star condo in Miami beach (how far is Miami Beach from the Port?)

the amenities are as follows:

Suite

Beachfront

Complimentary breakfast

Laundry facilities

pool(s)

kitchenette

Since we won't be renting a car we will take some sort of public or private transportation to the hotel from MIA and then the same to the Port of Miami. We will be staying 3 nights, 19, 20, 21 Dec. Our cruise leaves on the 22 Dec.

Thanks for any suggestions, should just go ahead and purchase the above?

I am sorry for the mess ups. :) I don't know why I put 3.5 it is a 3 star. It is listed as

3-star condo in Miami Beach Price $86.00 per room per night

the amenities are as follows:

Suite

Beachfront

Complimentary breakfast

Laundry facilities

pool(s)

kitchenette

There are two adults and two children and we will be there from 19 Dec to 22 Dec. We will need transportation from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the Port of Miami. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]