Priceline Hotel: 4* Oahu (Waikiki Marina) Hawaii Prince

HappybayBen
By HappybayBen,
in

Hi,

Based on recent wins for the Hawaii Prince at the Waikiki Marina, what would you recommend as a bidding strategy?

I believe this hotel offers non-opaque rooms from $169 (maybe that's just the rate for kaamaina).

Based on the good reviews, I'd like to try for the Hawaii Prince on Priceline, but not accidentally bid on the Ilikai (presuming though that they are different star ratings).

Are there better options? The Marina area suits us and we'd ideally like the Prince.

Thanks in advance.

[Edit to add: I'll have read what is already here fom other advice; Is the Reef still a risk (unwanted 'upgrade') for **** Marina bidding? Want to be in the Prince if it's not too risky in bidding..]

...but not accidentally bid on the Ilikai (presuming though that they are different star ratings).
As of the last report the Ilikai is still 3* rated so assuming nothing has changed, you could not receive this property on a 4* bid.
Is the Reef still a risk (unwanted 'upgrade') for **** Marina bidding?
Are you refering to the Reef on the Beach? Priceline recently changed their zone boundaries and i don't believe this property is located in the Marina District (but you should double check yourself)
I believe this hotel offers non-opaque rooms from $169 (maybe that's just the rate for kaamaina).
What is kaamaina? I'm showring rates of $209 (direct from the hotel website) for your one nite stay.

Given the above, if you still want to try bidding, what is your maximum bid? We'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have five re-bid zones (NOTE: Ilihani is not one of them). If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Marina...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Marina and re-bid zone5...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Marina and re-bid zone4 and re-bid zone5...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) Accepted @ $140/night for my two nights (done exactly per the bidding advice above & SB link) ... Sweet success!

thereuare, I followed your bidding advice to the letter, and have succeeded with the currently-reported Prince price!

I used the SB link, bid per your tips with re-bids up to $140, when I was rewarded with the acceptance:

Your Price Has Been Accepted

Congratulations, you got your price of $140 for a 4-star hotel room.

Click here to extend your stay at Hawaii Prince Hotel now.

Thank you thereuare, and for the great info on Hawaii generally by yourself, LoneStar and others.

I am very much better off, knowing about the Ent. Book rates for the Hilton Kauai Beach, the Waimea Plantation Cottages and other options.

Based on some great reviews of the excellent service at the Hawaii Prince, I hope that we have the option to upgrade to a higher floor than the cheapest rooms, or at least to opt up to include breakfasts.

Hopefully we will have better luck than my last PL booking (September 12, 2005 New Orleans Marriott), which was underwater for obvious reasons. :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see that you got a good deal and received the hotel you were hoping for.

I've stayed here once and we enjoyed our stay very much (no offer of breakfast or room upgrade though... although our 9th floor room had a nice view of the marina and i'm not sure i'd pay for a higher floor, although you can ride the glass elevators up to the top floors if you would like to take in a nice view of the city)

Thanks for using the SavingsBarn.com PRICELINE links to begin your bids.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]