$500/week condo Ft. Meyers Beach Florida

hannahb352
By hannahb352,
in

We are looking at spending a week in Florida either 8/28-9/4 (labor day weekend), or 9/4-9/11, or possibly 9/11- 9/18 and I found a condo in Ft. Meyers for $500 a week including all taxes and fees. It looks nice and is listed on E-bay with good feedback from people who have stayed at this condo. I have never been to the Ft. Meyers area and am wondering if someone who knows the area better than I could tell me if this is a good deal. It is listed as a 1 bedroom condo on the 6th floor with private balcony, and an excellent view of the Gulf of Mexico. It also states it is located on the southern end of Ft. Myers Beach. This would mean that it is about $72 a night total. I would think this is a good price but am wondering what those who know the area better think? Is this reasonable for this time of year? I have never rented a condo and have always used hotels but am considering it this trip...any suggestions would be great!

• 3 weeks later...

I live in this area. This sounds like a typical rate as that is our off-season. That would serve these folks well since they are probably able to rent it out for a good bit more during season. There are a large number of these deals on Ft. Myers Beach since so many units are vacant. For that money I would think you might find something larger and in a nice spot. If you post the info I'll be glad to give you feedback about the specific spot. If you already have it I'm sure you'll enjoy the area.

best of luck

Thank you for the post! We are still looking at this vacation spot and time and am glad to hear that $500 is a typical price. I didn't grab it as I just wasn't sure and didn't want to make an expensive mistake since I didn't know the area at all. I haven't done a whole lot of searching in the area, but if you know of any specific properties in this price range that I may want to look into I would be greatful. Thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]