Priceline Hotel: 3* Kansas City (Country Club Plaza) Embassy Suites

toothmom
By toothmom,
in

OK, thanks! Dates of stay: 4/12-4/15

I'm trying for a 3* bid CC Plaza $50-rejected

bid CC Plaza and KC South $55-rejected

bid added KC West $55-rejected

Don't want to go higher $, so I presume (based on previous posts) I should close the browser and begin again with 2.5*

I figure I'll bid CC Plaza $50 and hope that'll do it (presumably that will be the Marriott Couryard. Any idea if Priceline has Holiday Inn Express in their "opague" inventory? Does this strategy seem sound? THANX!

Do you need to stay at Crown Center or can you stay downtown or MCI area (KCI Airport)? You can often get the 4* Hyatt downtown for around $50/night (stayed there myself last night for $49 and my previous stay a few months ago was also $49). You can usually get the 3* Radisson downtown for $40-$50/night (not the greatest property but ok if you just need a place to crash at night). 3* KCI Airport (also referred to as MCI) has been getting the Four Points recently at $40/night (I've won twice at $40 but did see someone else @ $55). The Hilton KCI used to win around $45 but has not been seen since 4 points has started under-bidding them @ $40. Hilton is a much better property, but the Four Points is recently remodeled and not too bad considering the price. They have free parking, internet and bottled water at the 4-points compared to $9.95 or so internet at the Hilton & Hyatt. Parking is also free at Hilton but Hyatt is $13.50 self park (valet available for more) and Radisson was @ $7 parking the last time I was there...but the Radisson also had free internet.

Courtyard KC South is also a good win, but may be too far depending on your needs. They usually show up in the 2.5* KC south zone for around $50 as well.

Checking your dates, there doesn't seem to be any unusual spikes in rates for the area that weekend booking directly.

If you wanted to try HOTWIRE, they have 3* on the Plaza for your dates @ $71/night. Amenities match to the Holiday Inn at the Plaza (not the Express). 2.5* Plaza is $56 and looks to be the Holiday Inn Express (amenities match). If you could stay up by KCI and wanted to use hotwire, the 3.5* is the Embassy Suites KCI and is showing $61/night for your dates.

Downtown/Crown Center is obviously closer to the Plaza (only a few minutes away) and may land you a better deal, or at least a decent property for the amount you are wanting to spend. Hope this helps!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]