Priceline Hotel: Naples 4* -- Help Needed

menelaus7
By menelaus7,
in

Hello All:

I am looking to use PL for a 4* Hotel in Naples area for 1 night only - this Friday to Saturday. This is what came up:

$219 Hilton and $539 for the Laplaya Beach and Golf Resort. What do you think my opening bid should be?

The good part is this is the only 4* hotel in any of the surrounding areas, so I should be able to do the rebidding tip (by adding in the three separate areas one by one -- if it works).

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

It appears that you're using the priceline 'retail' (non-opaque) version of the site to determine what you'll receive when bidding. This is not recommended, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Likewise, you'll notice that the zone names are different in the 'retail' and 'name your own price' services... so you can't use the retail product to determine re-bid zones. You do have four re-bid zones available, but you have to use the techniques in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained to determine them.

Let us know if you understand re-bidding, feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with the board, and then we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I think I understand rebidding - and I don't think I am too worried about any 4* hotel. However, I am not sure where to begin - should I start with a $110 bid for the Naples area 4* (approximately 50% of the $219) and then move up from there? I will be using SavingsBarn to do my bidding.

I would encourage you to confirm your re-bid zones with the board, as you do have four of them (and Bonita Springs and Marco Island are not two of them, as may often be misunderstood).

To determine a starting point, you should also have an ending point in mind... what is your maximum bid for a 4* for this stay? (at some point do you say it isn't worth it and go for a 3 star property? do you book direct at $199?) This also makes sure that we don't suggest a strategy that goes higher than you want to pay.

Let us know your maximum bid and we'll be able to suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm assuming that you're comfortable with your re-bid zones since you chose not to confirm them with the board. You can bid as follows:

Select 4* Naples...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Naples and re-bid zone2...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Naples and re-bid zone3...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Naples and re-bid zone4...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Naples and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Naples and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Naples and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Naples and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

I went up and extra $10 just in case you need it and decide to go that high :)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Wow - what an ordeal.

Using SavingsBarn as my link to PRICELINE, I followed all of your steps, verbatim - and didn't get any luck - even going up as high as $140 for 4* only. Seeing this happening - I decided to try my luck with a 3* Hotel. I started my bidding at $75 and was told that was too little, so I started at $85. I followed your same steps - moving up $5 each time for a 3*. Believe it or not - I got up to $130 with still no offers. I think remembered that one of the actual listings for hotels was less than that - so I went back in - and just bought the actual room - the Trianon Bonita Bay for $123.

Thanks for all of your help - it was greatly appreciated and I will definitely solicit your advice again when I need a hotel room in the future.

Scott

Glad you found something within your budget that works well for your plans.

Don't get discouraged by your failed bids, as this is a notoriously tough area to bid... at least you got your feet wet and success should be much easier next time you bid in a big city.

Thanks for trying your bids with the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com and for the follow-up to your post.

Enjoy yoru stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]