Priceline Hotel: 3* Omaha (Central-Northwest) Doubletree Guest Suites

KC-Matt
By KC-Matt,
in

Screwed myself on this one...was trying for a 2.5* downtown or Council Bluffs and added the central/northwest zone (Residence Inn prev awarded but rare now) and forgot about the "upgrade" to the next star level. Since my initial win for this property is for 4/1 @ $35, I should have figured it would bite me there but wasn't even thinking about it kicking me up to a 3*.

Oh well, live and learn I suppose. Hopefully the recent renovations have improved this property slightly considering the past reviews it has received.

Word of warning about this property:

As mentioned, the pool and fitness center are currently closed for renovation, but that is unfortunatley not all. The entire atrium is also under construction along with the climate control systems and several floors...three details that were left out of the website. The property currently has no A/C and no idea of when they will get it back (look at past reviews and you will see this property has a long history of this). They say it is being replaced, but considering this problem has existed for several years now, I wouldn't hold my breath. Construction in the atrium and on the 3rd-5th floors was present when I checked in, with loud work happening from 9-5 each day so don't plan on sleeping in.

Had I been warned about the 9-5 construction and the lack of AC, things would have been different, but they only mention the pool/fitness center closure on the website and the employees made no mention of the three unlisted issues when I had called prior. Gratefully priceline agreed that this was not acceptable and refunded me for both nights and I found an alternate property to stay at (although directly, not through p/l).

All that said, if they do finally fix the A/C and finish the rest of the property, it will be a very nice place to stay. The room I received had already been remodeled and looked great...new carpet, lights, paint, some of the furniture was new with a new fridge (although mini). Had the A/C worked, I would have been happy to stay here as I would have been out by the 9am construction start anyway. Unfortunatley the room temp was already in the high 70's and the high that day was to be around 80 and there is no window to open, only the balcony door which gives room access to everyone else on the floor since the balcony is shared and the front door, which again eliminates any privacy or security. Of course now it is cold again so it may not be an issue for your stay, but just be prepared if you end up getting this property before they are finished with the remodeling.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]