BB Hotel PriceChecker (now AIRFARE too!)

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Well the "BUZZ" from the other post is out and it's the release of the BetterBidding HOTEL PRICE CHECKER. Feel free to talk about it and link to it at other message boards that you visit.

It is well known that Priceline and Hotwire rates are determined by supply/demand and the only way to measure that is by getting prices directly from the hotel websites. In running this board i probably check rates more often than most, and the biggest pain in doing so is having to type in the URL of each website, type in all the city, state, arrival, departure information, retrieve it, write it down so that you can compare to the next site, then repeat the process, so-on, so-on for each property.

This tool aims to make this all much easier by only requiring you to input your information once and then putting all of the information on one page so that it is easy to compare the offerings!

Simply input your information once and get hotel website direct prices from all of the Starwood and Marriott brands. This encompasses a LOT of hotels since it includes: Marriott, Renaissance, Courtyard, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn, Springfield Suites, Westin, Sheraton, Four Points, and W Hotels. Expedia is also included to check prices of other hotel brands and i find their interactive maps quite helpful when trying to determine in which hotel zone a property resides. Expedia also breaks out the offerings day-by-day so it's easier to see if there are rate changes over the course of your multi-nite stay.

If there is something you want to see bigger in one of the windows on the right, you can adjust the size of each window by clicking the border and dragging it. A scroll-wheel on your mouse also comes in VERY handy for scrolling thru prices.

I hope you all enjoy this and find it useful in helping to determine where to start your Priceline bids or to compare rates when Priceline or Hotwire isn't an option. It will also come in handy when bids that are typically accepted come back as rejected as it will give a quick way to guage demand and if prices are higher than usual.

Just doing what we can to remain the BetterBidding site! :)

Please tell everyone about this tool at other travel related sites and your allowed to provide a link. We can use this thread for comments/suggestions/bugs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for suggestioning it.

Canada will hopefully be coming in the <near> future. Many obstacles were encountered while developing it and i was trying to keep it fairly straight forward as it makes it easier to troubleshoot problems. As it gets more use and there are no/few reported bugs, i will look into adding Canadian cities as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, and as with all aspects of this board, we will attempt to add requested features that the majority of users favor.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 6 years later...

I'm not really sure the situations you're describing, but first thing i would try is holding the CTRL key when you press the submit button. If that doesn't work, please send me a PM describing the issue in a bit more detail and i'll try to help you troubleshoot.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]