Victim of Hotwire's inflated star ratings

elbee
By elbee,
in

Hi,

I recently booked a trip to the Sonoma area and I used Hotwire to book the hotel. I wanted a 4* hotel and chose one from the list of hotels on Hotwire. When I made the purchase Hotwire revealed the hotel to be a Doubletree in Rohnert Park. I was perplexed because I have never known a Doubletree to be 4*. Even in Hotwire's ratings guide, they list a Doubletree as an example of a 3* hotel. And really, the ratings guide is all I had to go by when purchasing the room.

I checked with other websites. The following websites list this particular Doubletree as a 3* hotel: tripadvisor.com, priceline.com, mytravelguide.com, kayak.com. I even found it listed as a 2* on mobiltravelguide.com. Now, I also found a few sites that do list it as 4*: AAA, Expedia and Travelocity.

I don't plan on staying at the hotel, because I truly believe it is not a 4* hotel and I feel like I was tricked by Hotwire. I would like to fight the charge with the credit card company. Do you think I have a shot of getting my money back? I really feel misled by their ratings guide.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Replies to your thread were removed and will be re-instated once you start a NEW TOPIC and share the details of your win with the board (including dates of your stay, zone, amenities shown before your purchase, price paid, etc)... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

We have very few 'rules' on this board, but one is that if you have a problem or issue with an upcoming stay, you must post the details of your win (as this is the information that others come here to view) before asking "what should I do" (see Priceline and Hotwire Customer Service Issues for more details)

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]