No accept/reject

paula5
By paula5,
in

I don't fully understand what happened here...

1) You put in a request... didn't you get a message back immediately? If not, what was the message on the screen

2) Have you checked your email

3) Send them an email with your request number and email address that you used for the bid. Ask them to check both as perhaps you inadvertently flipped two numbers

4) Call you credit card number to see if a charge is pending for Priceline

I forget the process, and i'm pretty sure it's the last 4 digits of your credit card number and not the 4-digit security code on the card, but is it possible you've mixed the two up (i've done this before when attempting a re-bid)

Let us know if/what happened or post more info if none of the above scenarios apply.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Getting somebody on the phone is often a problem, but you should hear back from them via email within 2 hours. In a situation such as this i'd actually prefer email since you have a record of whether or not you were accepted/rejected, and if rejected you have a written record of such.

If you still have the Priceline screen open there is a link on it that says "Check My Request Now". When this screen appears (this is the 'old' method) i usually leave it open so to avoid any errors in having written down the looong number.

The log-in/credit card shouldn't be an issue. Given that the system defaulted to the old methodology (now you get a response immediately) it sounds technical in nature and i'd try to be patient until you hear back from Priceline (i know it's hard though!)

Let us know what happens, and if accepted, don't forget to post your winning bid in the appropriate state category.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok Priceline did respond in an e-mail that they were having technical problems and would take care of the problem. they were very nice-and we did our offer again-which came back with a counter offer of $99.00. Our offer was for June 13th-15th in a 3 star hotel in the kensington area of London. this was my first time trying priceline and wasn't sure if that was a good deal or not. Since I read these threads-i think i will wait my 72 hours and try again. Thanks for the help!

I'd recommend setting up a profile with a specific email address, and doing all of your bids through the profile.

Go to the savingsbarn.com site - click on the PRICELINE link - and then when you're on the Priceline screen, log in to your profile.

I find that the profile helps me keep better track of everything.

You just click on the My Trips link and you can see when you did your last bids.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]