Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Oak Brook-Downers Grove) Hyatt Lodge McDonalds Campus

DTAR
By DTAR,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This property has not yet been identified... if i were to take a guess, i'd think the Holiday Inn is a good possibility as it offers all the amenities described above, but i'm far from certain.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know whatever you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info. This is a great site!

Not too excited about the Holiday Inn.

Was looking for something for 2 adults/ 2 kids with a pool for March 31st-April 4 in Schaumburg region or nearby (2.5-3.5 star range).

(Can be broken down into 2 different hotels (one for wkend, one for wkdays).

Any recommendations?

Thx again.

Do you have to be in Schaumburg? Or could you be in another burb?

There is a 3.5* on HOTWIRE in Oak Brook with Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis for $69 that looks to be a match for the Hyatt Lodge @ McDonalds Campus. That's a pretty hotel in a wooded area on the McDonalds Campus (the parking lot is next to Hamburger U - watch out because that's a party school. lol :)

I'd also recommend the Northbrook area.

OK, I did it for a day on a trip I am planning in June. It is the Holiday Inn Chicago - Schaumburg/Hoffman Estates 1550 N. Roselle Rd.

It does indeed have a comp breakfast according to their website, never seen that at a H-Inn before. The pool is outside which will be nice in June but probably closed in April. Looks like an older property but has great reviews on tripadvisor. Also a little cheaper on a weekend day.

Check-in: Sun, Jun 10, 2007

Check-out: Mon, Jun 11, 2007

Hotel Quality: 3-star Midscale

1 room(s) @ $39.00 per night x 1 night(s) $39.00

Hotel Taxes and fees: $12.48

Hotel Subtotal: $51.48

Total Price: $51.48

ready.teddy,

There is more than one Holiday Inn in this zone... this is the Holiday Inn Schaumburg?

Please start a NEW TOPIC to reflect the details of your win so that others will see it when searching the forum topic titles... this thread should be used to reflect the ultimate win of the OP, DTAR.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

AaronJB

You are correct!

3.5* on HOTWIRE in Oak Brook with Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis for $69 WAS a match for the Hyatt Lodge @ McDonalds Campus.

We needed to be in Schaumburg area for 2 days, so we just booked Springhill suites for 2 days w/ AAA discount.

The next 2 days we went thru the Better bidding HOTWIRE link and booked the Hyatt lodge in Oakbrook

April 2-4th

Hyatt Lodge@McDonalds' campus

1 room(s) @ $69.00 per night x 2 night(s)

Taxes, recovery charges, and fees

Hotel subtotal

$138.00

$17.34 (tax)

$155.34Total

Thanks for the recommendation, it looks great!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear the board (and AaronJB) were helpful in your purchase... one of the great things about the internet (and this board) is that you can often get some 'insider' tips from locals who know the area best, which can often 'make' a trip.

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase!

Enjoy your stay.

Awesome! Just watch out for those crazy kids from Hamburger U across the way. lol. :)

The Hyatt is a very nice hotel and, given its more "resort-like" setting and foresty surroundings, it's a more peaceful choice than a lot of the other hotels nearby.

I'd strongly recommend calling Hyatt customer service if you need any basic requests (2 beds, no smoking, etc.) While you cannot request upgrades due to the Hotwire rate, Hyatt customer service - at least in my experience - is often very nice about basic requests from PL and Hotwire customers. I'm so happy that this turned out to be the Hyatt, as that's a pretty hotel and a great deal! :)

This is the Hyatt CS number taken from their website: Telephone Number: 1-800-228-9548 (toll-free)

In reality, Hamburger U facts:

Hamburger University

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]