Priceline Hotel: 2* Ft Lauderdale (Beach) Holiday Inn

Pelle31
By Pelle31,
in

Dates: May 14-21, 2007.

I hope this helps for those attempting to bid for Fort Lauderdale Beach. My second to last bid was $75 for a 3-star and it was promptly rejected. I did try to include a 2 1/2* property for that price but was instructed none exist for the Beach area. I lowered the price to $73 and to include a 2* and it was accepted.

I don't have the specifics but I tried bidding in the high $60s for a 3* and those got rejected a few days ago; maybe three of four tries. I decided to include a 2* after seeing the Holiday Inn listed on BetterBidding. I have stayed at that property a few times and enjoy the location so I took the chance that the 2* was as listed.

Maybe this is an unorthodox approach for Priceline but I am happy.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps this post belongs elsewhere but this hotel is no longer a Hoilday Inn and is not affiliated with the brand. It is currently called the Sunrise Beach Inn and is undergoing a renovation.

Seems like the hotel will be going upscale over the next few months and may seek another name change. Fort Lauderdale Beach is booming with large hotels along A1A -- Trump, St. Regis, W, Hilton to name a few -- which are currently under construction or recently opened. I assume this hotel, located on A1A and Sunrise Boulevard, will be in the same category.

During my recent stay, there were very few, minimal in fact, guests at the property and the staff was limited but cordial. All in all an enjoyable stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]