Hotwire Hotel: Minneapolis Bloomington Central

ROOTHEY
By ROOTHEY,
in

Nothing states that the hotel has to show all the amenities that are offered... just that they offer the amenities shown (think about how many hotels do offer hi-speed internet access yet that icon only appears on about 50-60% (i'm guessing) of HOTWIRE offerings.

Assuming the hotel above is the Courtyard, it could be an amenity only recently added and never submitted to hotwire to be updated, they could be leaving it off intentionally (for a variety of reasons), etc, etc.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks...I just read that in another post, sorry for bothering you on that one

Guess that's why I'm a neewbie!

I'm also looking at the 3* for 39 on those dates

ammenities shown are:

Airport shuttle

restaurant

Pool(s)

fitness center

High-speed Internet Access

Business Center

laundry

From what I can gather on all the other posts is that its a Holiday Inn BUT I'm not sure WHICH one there seems to be 3 in that area One called Holiday Inn Airport, Holiday Inn Express and a Holiday Inn Select.

Kind of sounds like the Holiday Inn Select, but it is more than usual. Maybe there is a convention in town?

~JS

Jason's Storm- Making one killer deal after another. With something other than a machete to the head.

From the ashes of Friday the 13th Forum, rises Friday the 13th: The Community. A new beginning has arrived.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never even had Bloomington Central come up as a hotwire an option before!

here are the services:

3* Bloomington Central

Shuttle

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Internet

Laundry

Business Center

$39.00 for stay from May 21-22

Also A 2* Bloomington Central

$25.00

services:

Laundry

Any Ideas????

Thanks!

Yeah you're right, it looks like they have just recently added a third zone (maybe just today or yesterday because it wasn't there a couple of days ago). Looks like the central zone now goes from just east of France ave to just west of portland ave, and then south down 35w a ways. The other day these hotels were included in the Bloomington West - MOA zone. If I had to guess about the 3* I'd say it is the holiday inn airport, on 35w and 94th st. No idea about the 2* :)

I think the Bloomington west one is the La Quinta (formerly the Clarion before August 2006). This would correspond to the Bloomington west map which surrounds the 494 strip east of bush lake road and west of france ave. The La Quinta is on American Blvd, just off from Normandale (hgwy 100). Obviously this is only a guess though, since the La Quinta is not even a confirmed property. I would assume when they took control of the Clarion though they probably still partnered with hotwire.

The holiday inn certainly now falls within the bloomington central zone because it is south of 494 on 35w.

BTW, the Clarion name should be updated (or removed until confirmed) in the hotwire Minnesota list, since it doesn't exist anymore as the Clarion.

The holiday inn certainly now falls within the bloomington central zone because it is south of 494 on 35w
Do you know this area and the actual location of this property? I immediately thought it was the Holiday Inn Select too, but looking at this hotel's location on a map puts it in HOTWIRE's Bloomington East zone. I wasn't sure if hotwire misclassified it, the map was wrong, or perhaps it's a hotel other than the Holiday Inn Select.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Holiday Inn on I-35W is in the Central location as that zone covers that area. Holiday Inn Select would still be in the east zone as it is on the far eastern area of that area.

~JS

Added: The Holiday Inn in the West zone comes over to the Central zone as well as probably the Hampton inn.

Jason's Storm- Making one killer deal after another. With something other than a machete to the head.

From the ashes of Friday the 13th Forum, rises Friday the 13th: The Community. A new beginning has arrived.

Sorry, I just had to put this in as well. There are two La Quinta hotels in Bloomington. One that use to be a Baymount and the one that was a Clarion. That one is a La Quinta Inn and Suites. Although some on tripAdvisor call it La Dumpa. :)

~JS

• 1 month later...

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn on 35W and 94th. Nice, clean hotel with a Green Mill restaraunt attached. Easy access to all shopping ( 10-15 min ride) but all main Hwys.Quiet sleep! Personnel were very nice!!! Would stay there again if I could find a rate for the times I need.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]