Priceline Hotel: Advice on Las Vegas

cntrfieldsmom
By cntrfieldsmom,
in

I've never bid on Vegas before. Only have 4 days and want to celebrate our anniversary. July 6-8 preferably but July 13-15 would be considered. (3 nights)

I'd like 5* but would consider *4, would like to pay max of about $150. Mandalay Bay looks cool!

Venetian=219,219,219

Bellagio=259,359,359

Mandalay Bay=249,259,139

I think rebids are: Conven.,freemont,henderson,airport,nellis,summerlin,and West of strip.

What do you suggest? It's been so long since we've been in Vegas, I'm at a loss. Thanks in advance.

Allegiantair.com. FSD to Vegas. Looks like a special thru March 21st. Regularily $200 per person. I am noticing on the packages they list a Mandalay Bay Resort and a Mandalay the Hotel which is more? and also they list it as a *4 and Venetian a *5. Do you know which would be best? The only bummer is the flight home leaves at 6:30 AM

From what i have read, TheHotel is a 'sleeker' hotel within the Mandalay Bay Resort (just as the Four Seasons occupies the top floor(s) within the Mandaly Bay Resort).

The deal seems like a veryt good one for this property, but do keep in mind that the hotel is the southern most hotel on the strip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I guess for 200.00 for 2 it's okay with me. It's a short flight.

What's everyone's vote? Mandalay or Venetian?,

If I choose the Venetian (I'm leaning that way) and book the air seperate at $400 for both and hotel from site at 219 it's 1097.00 and free air and hotel "deal" is 1269.00 weird. maybe I should try to get Venetian on priceline? What would be a good starting bid based on their present room rate?

Dahammer is correct on Allegiant's fees for extra luggage and the like. I fly them all the time from PSP to LAS at $39 and sometimes even $19 specials. I would book the airfare on Allegiant online since your trip is a straight shot and make sure I packed appropriately. They are just a real budget no frills carrier and you don't get the "extras" like pretzels and pillows you have to pay dearly for on American or Delta. I would book a cancellable backup at the Venetian or your choice and bid away until the last minute hoping for an even better deal which I think you will get.

If it helps, my experience with Vegas that time of year is that the hotel rates tend to go lower than usual because the average high temperature is 110-115 and that disocurages demand somewhat. Plus July 4th being on a Wednesday means that you're dealing with the holiday aftermath possibly (another good thing re rates).

If you're set on booking and going that weekend, definitely do the airfare if it is the only nonstop and works for you price and time wise. I'd also sign up on the email list for each hotel that you are interested in. Often you'll get advance rates and deals that way. (At least enough to nail down a cancelable option if PL doesnt do the trick for you.)

I'd be very surprised if $150 is going to be enough for a 5*. If you'd like to give it a try you have 7 re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Strip...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

Assuming the above fails and you're looking for the best value for these dates, the Monte Carlo is available for $133/nite, although i have heard there is a lot of construction going on there right now. If i were booking a cancellable back-up it would be at Treasure Island which is currently available for just $149/nite and i think a very good deal for these dates.

If you decide to still go with Mandalay Bay please use our OUR LINK for your reservation.

Let us know your thoughts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Secured flights for 7/5-7/9 ($450 total for 2) We added a night due to early departure time.

Bid *5 Strip $99

rebid $110

rebid $120

rebid $130

All rejected, current rate is $219. Will keep trying, have a long time to work on it.

Question....venetian website is 219 but priceline (non opaque) is 275 why?

Not all wins receive the "add a nite" feature... and even when shown, there is no guarantee that additional nites are available at the same rate (when offered, it's really just an "invitation to try"). As well, when offered, you can only extend your stay up to the same number of nites (or less) that you've booked. So if you were to win a hotel for a one nite stay, you could only extend that stay by one additional nite.

What do you think of the following....try bidding on the venetian for the Thur & Fri only, and then booking the Flamingo ($160) as a cancellable backup (based on the proximity to the Venetian and their great pool, which I plan on using a lot) I'm wondering if the 4 day stay is going to be a problem at the Venetian?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]