WA Woodinville (Seattle area) Willows Lodge

epicureangirl
By epicureangirl,
in

This hotel is not known to be on Hotwire or Priceline, but I did get very good "Sunday arrival" rate through their website. I loved this place so much, I had to share....

My search for the perfect accommodations (when travelling to the Seattle) has taken me to the Four Seasons, The W, Hotel Monaco and the Bellevue Club (and many more). I had begun to believe I could find no equal to the (much beloved) Hyatt Grande. I was wrong. If you don't mind staying outside the city, the Willows Lodge in Woodinville is heaven (if heaven looks like a West-Coast Lodge!). If you want a romantic, relaxing weekend the Willows Lodge fits the bill. It's neighbours are Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery, Columbia Winery and Redhook brewery. They have tours and tastings, which is a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

Although the grounds are not particularly stunning (as I had imagined), the Lodge IS beautiful. Modern, native art is everywhere. The open lobby had apple cider brewing -- the warm spicy smell filled the lobby and you were welcome to pour a mug at your leisure. Friendly staff at the desk smoothly handles check-in -- although this is a first-class Lodge there is no pretention. The whole feel is warm and relaxed. Gus Walker (the Lodge's own hound) is available for walks -- he's lovely but slow.

The rooms have Italian Frette linens on the bed and in the bath. Every light has a dimmer switch and there are master lighting controls. There are so many switches, it takes a little to get used to, but it makes all the difference in controlling the 'mood' in the room. Large bottles of Molton Brown (London) toiletries are everywhere. Hand soap, bath and shower gel, hand cream and conditioner. No little bottles to take away, but it's nice not to have to 'ration' your products when they're as fine as these are. Robes for your use are waiting for you, as well as complimentary slippers to take home with you -- embroidered with the willows branch logo (a nice touch). The shower was digitally controlled and the bath was huge and built for two. Faucets for the basin-style sink were wall-mounted. Luxury finishings were everywhere. Each room has a gas fireplace, and well-hidden speakers provided wonderful sound when playing DVD's. The Lodge has a DVD library that you're free to check items out of at NO CHARGE. What a nice change from paying for in-room movies.

I'm not sure if they usually have a stocked mini bar, but in our case they didn't. However we were told that the bottled water in the fridge was complimentary (It's always extremely expensive at hotel minibars, so I was impressed) as was the gourmet loose-leaf teas (loved the Lavender-Earl Grey) and coffee in the room. There was a kettle, french-press and teapot (with built-in sieve) for our use which we took advantage of. There was a long ledge across the length of the room, which gave a nice surface for preparing the tea and such, yet keeping it out of the way so you could still use the writing desk.

There was a complimentary evening wine service I didn't attend, and a morning buffet which I did. Cereal, juices, yoghurt, bagels, cream cheese, jams, pastries, fruit, coffee & assorted teas were plentiful. Low-carb options were abundant -- deli meats, cheese, boiled eggs, and strawberries. There were many tables downstairs to have a private breakfast at, as well as comfy chairs by the fireplace to relax in.

There is a complete spa and gym here. You can even order spa items (bath bombs and lotions) to be delivered to your room. Or perhaps for a romantic trip, you may want to have them draw your bubble bath while you're at dinner. They'll fill your bath with suds, rose petals and lay out a feast of strawberries, whipped cream, champagne and oysters. Just one of the fabulous services they offer. As a side note... the bath is open to the room, so this is perfect for romantic couples (but perhaps not private enough for friends and other family members when staying in the same room).

Although some room rates can be expensive, I consider this property a value because of the complimentary many extras I received. When I add up the cost for breakfast for two in a Seattle hotel, paying for 2 movies, 2 pairs of slippers, eye masks, loofahs etc, parking and local phone calls (which were also complimentary). I can put these at around $130. It would have been more if I would have taken advantage of the wine reception! If I deduct that amount from the rate I payed, it is an AMAZING value.

Room categories are nice, nicer and nicest. I was in a 'nicer' room, but I can't even begin to think of what they could add to make it the 'nicest' room. Maybe I'll find out next time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]