Customer Service

xlash
By xlash,
in

... and from our Rules and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Thanks! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Holiday Inn <-- Hotel Name

Brantford, ON

664 Colborne E, Brantford

(519) 758-9999

Check-In Date: Feb 13th, 2007

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Feb 15th, 2007

Check-Out Time: 9:00 AM

Your Offer Price: -

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal:

Taxes and

Service Fees:

Total Charges: $231.18 CAD

Note: Holiday Inn, Brantford ON does not participate is the bidding service provided by priceline.com

Is that information enough?

One is from priceline and the other is from the hotel. Here is what happened. I pushed my priceline reservation back by 2 days because I couldn't make it on the day of due to weather. When I arrived at the hotel I found out that she had cancelled my reservation so I renewed it. When I got my credit card statement a month later I found that I had been charged twice i.e. I had not been refunded for the reservation that was cancelled plus the next charge.

I pushed my priceline reservation back by 2 days because I couldn't make it on the day of due to weather.
Did you call the hotel or Priceline to cancel the reservation?

What was the cancellation policy of the priceline purchase (i know that thru their 'retail' product the cancellation policy is different for each hotel, so i'm not familiar with the policy of this particular property)

EDIT to Add: i just did a priceline retail search for this property and came up with the following:

Cancellation Policy: Cancels After Booking Are Not Allowed. If You Choose To Release Your Confirmed Room By Using The Cancel Option, You Agree To Forfeit Your Accommodations And Will Not Be Entitled To A Refund Of Any Monies You Paid To Us For This Transaction. Reservation Is Non-Changeable And Non-Refundable Once Booked.
Were these the same terms under which you booked?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No I saw a 48 hour cancellation policy. I called the hotel because there was no number for Priceline. The hotel rep knew that I had booked it through Priceline and she was the one who said I could cancel it and push it back.

Can I ask how this is going to solve my problem? I would really like to speak to some from priceline to get a refund.

Based upon your answer above i don't think you need to speak to priceline (which is why i asked).

I've never used the "retail version" of pricleine, but when you book thru Expedia (or any other agency) your credit card is charged by service you book thru. Since you were charged once by priceline and once by the Crowne Plaza Holiday Inn, it seems that the Crowne Plaza Holiday Inn didn't see that they were paid by priceline and therefore charged your credit card that you gave them at check-in (for 'incidentals')... or the agent you spoke with at the Crowne Plaza Holiday Inn simply booked you the additional nite and never cancelled the original reservation.

I would start by contacting the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza.

Crowne Plaza?? I have already contacted "Crowne Plaza" and they told me to fax the priceline e-mail with confirmation number and my visa statement with the priceline expense on it. Since it is the hotel that is actually providing the service for me I think they get to decide what happens ultimately with the priceline quote. Wouldn't you agree? Especially if they cancelled my reservation and redid it.

Sorry, substitue Holiday Inn for Crowne Plaza above.

You booked with and paid priceline, and it seems that was the last you spoke with them about the situation (all other correspondence and/or changes were made directly with the hotel). As far as priceline is concerned, they may not even know of any changes to your reservation.

Based upon my comments above, your credit card should only show a room charge from Priceline... which it does. As there shouldn't be any charge from the Holiday Inn (except for anything you charged while staying at the hotel), that is the charge you need to get taken care of.

Have you faxed the information to the Holiday Inn as they requested?

I am going to fax that over to tomorrow from work. I also got in touch with my credit card company and informed them of this.

Now you said that priceline may not even be aware of this. Now if there was some sort of a customer service I could have informed them myself now, couldn't I?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]