Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Cherry Hill-Mount Laurel) Clarion Conference Center

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hi,

Happy New Year !!!

I am interested in bidding for a 3* hotel in Cherry Hill/Mount Laurel area from Friday April 6 through sunday, April 8.

I've read the reviews on the two main 3*'s: Wyndham & Marriott -- and they don't seem to enthusiastic. I am hoping the situation has changed since then.

Anyhow, I would want some bidding advice -- I am prepared to pay between 45 - 60 per night.

Any thoughts as to how i should proceed?

Regards, Noela

Before suggesting a strategy, since you don't seem thrilled with either of the likely possibilities... how would the AmeriSuites in Mt. Laurel be for $65? It's just over your budget but seems to be offered on HOTWIRE... if the reviews are good, then would you prefer to try that instead of bidding on priceline and risking a hotel with 'lesser' reviews?

Let us know your thoughts. (and use our HOTWIRE link if you do go with the above)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

Thanks very much for the suggestion. I like the Amerisuites.

If I decide to bid priceline, what are the risks...I guess it is a 2.5*. What other hotels are available in the area for this star level.

I know there are no guarantees, but what bidding strategy would you suggest, if i decide to try and get the Amerisuites?

Thanks and warmest regards

MN

yeah, thanks -- i thought so...anyhow, I would love to risk it, and see and record my own impressions.

So the minimum start level I would want to start from is 2.5.... I am thinking of starting bidding at $33.00 and go from there. Of course, I am open to any suggestions re bidding strategy.

rgds, MN

I think if you try to bid for the Amerisuites on priceline you run a decent chance of getting upgraded to a 3* or landing one of many other 2.5* properties in the area, which is why i suggested using HOTWIRE.

It depends what you're interested in... getting the lowest price for a hotel in the area OR trying to target a specific property in order to <hopefully> avoid others in the area.

Let us know your thoughts on your you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

you hit the nail right on the head....bidding is risky. of course, if the Cherry Hill 3* are ok, i would consider them...but i don't really know how bad they are. Whats your opinion on these 3*s?

I want a good (clean, not dingy) and affordable hotel between 40 - 60 per night. So, I probably would go with Hotwire....is there any certainty that the $65 property is AmeriSuites?

sorry, i am going in circles......but i'm sure I will make a decision soon.

rgds, MN

I have never had reason to stay in this area, but remember a few years ago that the hotels were had inexpensively and weren't rated very favorable.

The HOTWIRE hotel is a match for the Amerisuites and i feel reasonably confident in that guess.

As i mentioned above, i think it really depends upon what you need out of this stay, the purpose of your trip, and your budget.

Personally i like nicer hotels, but for a cheap price and can overlook almost anything :)

Personally i like nicer hotels, but for a cheap price and can overlook almost anything :)

Yes, thats my desire. I am planning a surprise get away for my partner and I. My partner lives around the Cherry Hill-Collingswood area. We (my partner especially) wanted to stay around the area just in case the kids need us in emergency. I thought of Hyatt in Pennslanding ....folks have had it for about $65 recently. So in the end, it will be a choice between the AmeriSuites (via Hotwire) or Hyatt Penns Landing (through priceline).

Thanks -- MN

Given the purpose of your trip i would aim for the Hyatt... a better 'experience' than an Amerisuites, although you won't get breakfast included and things you purchase in the hotel will likely be a bit more expensive than at an Amerisuites (everything from snacks to bottled water to soda, etc)

I can suggest a strategy for a 4* hotel in Downtown, but can't necessarily target the Hyatt... but i think the Hyatt is the most likely outcome, and even if not, you should be happy with most 4* hotels in this area.

At the 4* level you have seven re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $57, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $59, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $61, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $67 (if you're willing to go the extra $2, if necessary)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi,

After discussion with my partner, we decided to stay in Cherry Hill area (her preference mainly -- she can't stand the busy Philly life)

Yesterday, March 13, I bid 2.5* at $33 and was rejected. I was asked to rebid. Since I still have time, I waited till tonight and bid again 2.5@$35 and was accepted. The reviews are mixed. We will see how it goes.

Your Offer Price: $35.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $70.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $17.44

Total Charges*: $87.44

I used the Savingsbarn link.

Thanks very much - MN

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]